Kings Creek Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Old Station, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Such a beautiful hike. We used the steeper, shorter trail in the way out and were surprised to see there were more falls on the way up!

Awesome trail. Worth the hike. I did this trail with my 2 year old on my back. The cascade falls is really amazing.

Beautiful place, hiking through the meadow and seeing the various waterfalls. My son enjoyed it.

Very nice view of Kings Creek Falls. But the best part of this trail was the steep returning trail along the creek. Many picturesque cascades of Kings Creek and colorful vegetation surrounding it added this trail's value in my opinion. I think I took one of the best pictures here during 5 days in Lassen NP.

One of my favorite hikes ever!! Stunning woods with amazing waterfall! We actually climbed under the bridge for cool air & shade to have lunch & admire the views. The inclines are trickier because of the altitude but very doable.

One of my favorite trails in LNP.

Such a beautiful trail! We did the out and back trail to the falls and stopped to dip our feet in the creek just upstream. Nice and relaxing and not too difficult. My boyfriend and I finished the trail with Tevas on but ended up with pretty dirty feet. Would recommend hiking boots or running shoes.

Realize that I have bad knees from an auto accident and an older so the hike down to the falls was brutal on my knees but it was worth it. I took almost 4 hrs for the whole loop. After I reached the falls, I ate lunch there and rested my knees. The steep steps up were hard but there are several places to stop....and it’s such an incredible view of the kings creek cascades that even if you don’t have asthma and bad knees like me, stop to look at these series of water falls that traverse about .5 miles. Do it

Great place, beautiful scenery, hike up is not to shabby, my 5 year old son loved leading the way. We hiked on the more difficult path on the way back shorter distance. Beautiful views, overall I would say it’s an easy hike and the falls were worth checking out.

Loved this hike. We saw a momma bear with her two cubs on our way down to the falls. Thought we saw it all at the falls until we hiked up the one way trail on our way back, breathtaking... highly recommend this hike.

Hiked this last year. The waterfall is a bit underwhelming but the high light was the bear in the meadow chilling and eating. Beautiful hike and scenery tho and a river to cool off in if you’d like to.

This is a beautiful hike! We parked at the King’s Creek picnic area and walked to the trail. We saw bear cubs with their mom, beautiful meadows, and lots of deer! The hike is pretty easy to the waterfall (which is slightly anticlimactic after all the gorgeous scenery), but the climb back up is pretty difficult. Not a hike for those who can’t climb up steep rock stairs and it’s pretty slippery. The Trail did continue further, but we ran out of daylight and had to turn around at the falls. Definitely worth it though!
Bring a map with you! They do not mark the trail heads well.

One of the most gorgeous trails I’ve done. The meadow was absolutely stunning with the water running through it. The views of the valley and mountains from the peak are breath taking and the falls were spectacular to look at and cool off in. We hiked it with our one year old just fine. We saw people of all ages out on the trail. Took the alternate route (trail) on way back and we were so glad we did; it kept getting better and better. There was a cool stone walkway and stairs (just gorgeous)! Wish I knew how to post pictures. Definitely worth the drive. We left feeling refreshed!

Great views and good workout. Saw deer early in the morning as we walked down the trail to the falls.

Best done early in the day when it is cooler and less people are hiking.

Great Hike! Definitely go back up the river on the way out. As beautiful as the falls

This trail is lovely, very busy. We saw a lot of people on the trail with no water who looked very overheated. It's a short trail but has some steep and rocky points and it was very warm. Take lots of water.
The falls are stunning and definitely worth the hike.

love waterfalls , cool rugged area , very rocky, neat views before the decent dwn to the creek and then up to the falls ... stairs cut into the rock is cool , lotta hard work went into that .. (thanks ) do please observe the one way trail

‘Cute’ may not be the best description of a trail, but thats what I kept thinking every time we got to hike across a stream or through a meadow. Great variety of terrain. We forked left then took the one way climb back up. I’d recommend waterproof shoes & trekking poles did come in handy.

It is no Iguazú or Niagara or Yosemite falls but it is worth the short 1.5 mile hike to get there.

Nice walk there; birds, chipmunks some lizards..

The trailhead is not clearly marked so you would have to use the map to find out where it is. The entrance to the trailhead was covered with snow and following the trail was difficult but we were able to track it with the yellow-marked trees. We encountered some switchbacks along the way, but the views of the falls was worth it!!

Heading back you can take the alternate route to the trailhead via the ‘Cascades’ trail, which are a set of stone stairs that leads up to the main trailhead. Kind of steep and I had to stop to take a few deep breaths but was a good route to take regardless and a little bit shorter.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

We hiked the horse trail as the creekside trail was closed. Will definitely go back to hike the creekside trail. We went in early October and it was pretty chilly and windy.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Easy hike for a sunday morning with great views

Friday, September 15, 2017

Nice hike to the falls. Beautiful waterfall.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

A lot of uphill, the trail is currently under construction so you have to take a detour that makes the trail approximately .3 miles longer. Overall still worth the view!

Monday, September 04, 2017

This was real fun filled with uphill climbing challenge accompanied with ice pellets and cold winds.

The trail leading upto King Creek Falls is 1.1 miles out and gets little strenuos after 0.5 miles. Especially due to steep climbs and narrow passages. But the end result is worth it!

Bring a lot of water and drinks and enjoy the beautiful view halfway to the falls.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Completed on 8/19
Tons of people at around 4pm. I did the trail as a warmup to Lassen Peak. Pretty moderate trail if you're in decent shape but saw a lot of tourists hung up on the steep section for quite a while. The falls were pretty cool and a trail leads to the bottom for a much better and close view. It's a scramble to the bottom but not too dangerous.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Lovely trail with a little bit of everything. Our eight and six-year-old children enjoyed the hike, too. Great family hike.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beautiful start, steep after that. Lots of people on the trail.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017