Keysville/Black Gulch Road

Keysville/Black Gulch Road is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wofford Heights, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

We hike all over Keyesville a few times a week. I really like that there is a massive amount of ways to go, trails to hike. I recently hiked and we saw a big gopher snake (what I was told by reptile rescue was a gopher, see photo), We also saw a deceased Bobcat, looked pretty young. I was a little bummed because it looked like it may have been shot and I have hiked there and found shotgun shells on at least 3 different occasions, that sometimes worries me because if someone is shooting and they don't know where people are at on these trails it can be very bad. All in all its a really easy/moderate trail and I love the different paths and scenery.

Nice hike and great scenery.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Not bad at 3 mph and great scenery in winter. I will avoid in summer for sure!!

Friday, January 01, 2016

Nice area for a winter hike. Went early and avoided most of the off road traffic that started to build later in the morning. Beautiful scenery and a challenging enough hike to feel pooped when done. I would definitely avoid this in the summer though....it would be hot and crowded.

Thursday, May 25, 2017