Kenter Fire Road Whoop-De-Doos Trail

Kenter Fire Road Whoop-De-Doos Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 669 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Great little trail. Lots of splits to do either a super steep climb or something more moderate. Both end up at the same location. Great for trail running. Mix of paved fire road and dirt.

Difficult hills. Hadtowalk the steepestbutofcourse thedpwnhill wassuper fun great views

Amazing views!!! I stopped for a while under a power tower. There are power lines (which I think were buzzing) over the trail. Street parking (with night restrictions) right outside the trailhead! This was decent. Not a favorite of mine, but if you dig overlooking far and wide, it’s beautiful! The main, paved road splits into smaller trails. The one i took, i noticed, was popular with bicyclists. It went around one side of the hilltop, then I noted a trail over the middle, but i looped to the other side of the hilltop and came out above where I entered on the paved trail.

Nice trail with some steep areas for a little challenge. Only issue is that there’s so much dog poop and doggie bags everywhere...

Amazing view of the ocean and the city sprawled out! There’s alternative paths where you can avoid the switchbacks but they’re pretty steep. I think this hike is super underrated.

Warning a woman’s medium sized poodle was bitten by a rattlesnake and another man had a sighting with a baby rattler. It’s that time of year so be warned and be careful!

Nice and easy - well groomed dirt roads (even after all the rain we just had). Great views. A favorite of professional dog-walkers. I saw at least 6, each with 6 or so dogs - the well behaved ones off leash. The downside is the entrance really stinks of dog pee and there were a good number of used poop bags scattered along the trail.

Moderate trail with good steep challenging inclines. Nice views.

Really nice workout

Saturday, June 30, 2018

So awesome one of the best I've been on has everything for all levels and skills

Monday, March 12, 2018

Good hike with great vistas, but one star off for imposing power lines along most of the trail and unthoughtful dog owners who have left loaded poop bags scattered along the trail - if they even bothered to pick it up

Monday, February 19, 2018

I usually take my son in a stroller when I go hiking so this trail was ideal because it’s mostly paved. There are nice views but it’s not the most gorgeous walk I’ve ever been on. I enjoyed it for what it was but I much rather go down Sunset a bit and hike at Will Rogers State Park.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

This is a nice trail, parts of which are paved, with some impressive views and many wildflowers. Keep your eyes out for rattlesnakes. Watch out for dog poop, discarded bags of dog poop, and packs of dogs being walked. I encountered several large groups of dogs during my 2-hour walk. Most of them were friendly, but I could barely get through one group as I tried exiting the park onto Kenter; the person "walking" them was clearly not acting as a pack leader. A friend who was biking said that groups of dogs overran even the whoops and jumps...and sometimes from the opposite trail direction from how people were riding bikes, so that he encountered dogs approaching him head-on. This could be dangerous for both the bikers and the dogs. Ignoring all of that, it's a very pleasant hike/walk and/or bike ride.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Amazing hike, There are so many detours and shortcuts. Definitely coming here again.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Nice hike. The gravel was amazing to walk on even up the steep hills

Sunday, August 07, 2016

I loved hiking here in the summer when I could start at 6am ... I hate it now. If you go at 8am or later you will run into commercial dog walkers ... one group after another with up to 8 dogs per person all off leash. The dogs take up the entire trail, the walkers cannot control them and they don't seem to care. I have had dogs chase me as I ran the trail. I wish park rangers would police this trail and hand out hefty fines for those individuals who blatantly break the dog rule that is posted at the gate (on leash and two dogs max per person). If you bike, beware ... the dog walkers love to take their dogs on the side trails ... not only would it be annoying, but dangerous.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

I like this trail! Easy to find parking, quiet, and you can go and turn around whenever you'd like. Plus, it's close to UCLA so I can go without having to drive super far!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Perfect, very quite, great views of LA.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

One of the best views in LA

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Great walk. Didn't seem that long

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Beautiful views. Mostly uphill. Left trail has been turned into a bike trail with jumps and landscaping. Be cautious as a hiker. Lots of air traffic (airplanes, helicopters) flying up and down the canyon all day. Power lines overhead. Not crowded. Good for off leash dogs.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Best views. Coast and all of LA. Can't beat it.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fun and beautiful views without the crowd