Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area

Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Street Only

Easy and safe hiking with my little doggie

A west side oasis, great trails for all skill levels.

Went today with my husband and 8 month old baby and loved it !

Good

This is my favorite “local” trail yet! I love that there are different trails for every fitness level!!

Although parking is a plus across the street, I wouldn't recommend hiking here at night. There are a ton of bugs and I left with like a dozen bites. My finger even started to swell and then my whole hand. I have no idea what bit me. It's a nice spot but again, bring insect repellant.

Great! Just be ready to pay $6 parking on the weekend which I didn't mind it was worth it.

Beautiful views and great trails.

Ok trail and awesome views but you never forget you are in the city.

Perfect spot to get in a run on the way to catch a flight out of LAX. Clearly marked trail and a ton of offshoots to give you as many miles as you want. Awesome views of the city.

if you hike this park from point A to point B it's nearly 5 miles...there are 4 steep hills that will be a moderate challenge...you have multiple work out stations too. and you can jog around that bowl loop a couple of times to add more miles to your work out...explore the whole park...you'll find a long trail leading to a steep hill along la brea...and the real loop around the whole park through the trails will be 5 or more miles...check out the pic I posted.

My wife and I walk this all the time. If you want to hike it on a weekend and save the $6 parking fee, there's a back entrance. Park in the small city park north of Stocker and east of La Brea. Cross at the light.

This hike is so gorgeous and takes you a world away from the daily hustle and bustle. It has many trails for all types of hiking levels and the most breathtaking views from Downtown LA, Century City, Wilshire Corridor all the way to Pacific Ocean. It's truly a secret gem in the city and makes you forget it's right next to La Cienega and it's traffic. Hiking boots and trekker recommended.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Descent trail to hike, run and walk. You might catch a couple of Mountain Bikers here and there, but not enough to be a concern. It is pet friendly. During the week parking is free. Holidays and weekends I believe parking is $6.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Love going during the week when it's free and they have great hiking trails

Monday, April 03, 2017

10 mins from home. Easy fun hike. Great views, great for running and relaxing. Recreational park includes volleyball, multiple play areas for kids, multiple pinic areas with bbq pits. Artificial lake with cat fish for fishing. Multiple trails.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

I love it! it's not that difficult plus you get all this beautiful views. ohh yeah make sure you have shoes with grip or hiking shoes it's recommend.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Fun hike... not too strenuous but decent hill for hiking. Great vistas. Easy to find.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

the park is starting to look much better.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

There are a lot of different routes to take here and having this app helps navigate so you can explore and still find your way. If you want to get some amazing views of Los Angeles, this is a great hike for you. Just know, as is true with any hiking trails really, that the length of the trail sometimes depends on what path you choose. The estimated mileage listed here may be true for a tiny portion of the trails, but it's easy to accidentally step off that specific trail and go on a longer (or shorter) hike.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

easy and well marked route with nice city views. it's a nice bit of the outdoors in the middle of the city.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

The trail is okay, however if you do the trail and go to the lake it's a perfect nature day right in the middle of the city. This is one of LA's hidden treasures, bring a blanket and make a picnic by the lake (pond). Parking is free on weekdays.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

$6 parking on weekends. Cash only. We didn't know about parking costs and left cash at home. This is not a review on the trail, just to inform people.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Kenneth Hann Park is great for mountain bike training. It's hills and many extensive technical curves are sometimes difficult to maneuver; however, with extreme caution, a rider can overcome and learn from such trails. Great for an early/ afternoon hike/mountain bike ride! This is what I like to call my "back yard" for training purposes.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

First time at this Park for hiking and walking had a great time

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Wow. My boyfriend and I hiked up to Autumn's Peak to watch the 4th of July fireworks and it was amazing. Big payoff for relatively little work. Because it was after hours we parked down by La Brea and Don Lorenzo Dr. so we wouldn't get ticketed. So we had some boring ground to cross before we got to the recreation center loop. It doesn't really get interesting until you go east of Cloverdale Ave. but the view up at Autumn's Peak was amazing and fireworks were literally going off all over the city for hours. Absolutely fantastic.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Love to do this hike when I pick up or drop off at LAX.

Full loop directions on my blog:

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A great close destination. An island of nature in the midst of petroleum ugliness. You can't get lost; downhill leads back to your car.

Monday, June 08, 2015

Not bad. Little confused on where to start, but we figured it out. Just park, climb the hill, and turn right. That will lead you to park where you can jog with others.