Kanaka Valley Loop Trail

Kanaka Valley Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rescue, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike was nice. Wear long pants due to stickers will stick to your socks and shoes. We seen wild deers which was cool.

The start of this trail is really nice but about half way it fizzles out and you are left either bush whacking or turning back. If you want an out and back hike this would be nice one.

Only made it a short distance because my dog got lazy and bored. Haha I'll try again another time. No one else out. It was quiet and peaceful and an easy walk.

This trail is really close to my house and it's very pretty!!! Definitely important to wear long pants and bug repellant. A fun easy trail that has a lot of beautiful Oaks, perfect for photos.

I gave it 3 stars because of the beautiful long meadow that stretched down the beginning of the trail. This is an up and back trail 5 mi. long, not the loop it shows here. After the 2.5 mile mark the trail goes dead and I mean DEAD. It is overgrown with no tail markers and there is not even remnants of a trail before. Well covered. If looking in the area I would suggest another trail.

This was great for a local, easy spring hike, especially with small kids. We saw at least 10 different types of wildflowers, oaks coming to life, crossed a small creek, and saw deer tracks. The main loop was easy but I wish the routes that lead to river or lake views were more obvious.

Really enjoyed this hike until I couldn't find the intersecting trail at around mile 2.5. There is supposed to be a sharp right for the return of the loop. I ventured down a runoff thinking it was the trail, but decided there was too much bushwhacking for it to be right and from GPS, I was maybe 50 ft off the indicated trail. After checking around the intersection point for a bit of distance before and after, I gave up and returned the way I came. I saw someone else's trek recording got off at the same spot and ended up doing some kinds of lollipop rather than a loop. Oh and the hunting signs aren't too inviting.

beautiful,peaceful. but a hunting area?

Neat trail to explorer with gorgeous views. The back end isn't well used and the trail is hard to follow with lots of side trails that can lead you astray. Be ready to go through some major brush if you wish to do the whole loop. We ended up cutting across to connect on the end of the loop we started on because the trail was so difficult to follow. Might be wise to bring some clippers.

Pretty but the loop is blocked off and not accessible . Scary signage blocks the trail.