Kaiser Loop Trail

Kaiser Loop Trail is a 19.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakeshore, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

This is brutal in the hot summer afternoon but the reward of beautiful views and Lakes were well worth it. Did this loop 8/8/18. I recommend (from Upper Deer Creek) going clockwise. Creeks still have some water. I did this in 2days; spent night one at Nellie Lake. The next day we hiked to the peak and around the other side of the loop to the car. After the peak the east side of the loop only has a little bit of water access from a creek after College Rock. Start early to avoid the heat.

I did this today as a solo dayhike in 8.5 hrs. It was among the best of many gorgeous hikes I've done in California. Awesome views much of the way, lots of lakes and creeks. Only 5 other hikers on the trail all day. I also made a detour to Nellie lake where I went for a quick swim to cool down.