Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Jones Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Los Gatos, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 521 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I enjoyed this trail, walk 8.2 miles both ways. Beautiful sceneries and wild life. Bathrooms are open. Only giving it 4 stars because some of the bikers are very inconsiderate; they don’t mind the walkers no matter their age. I will return

Al principio mucha piedra y ruido del freeway. Pero al entrar con la naturaleza súper bonito todo. El agua, los pájaros. Es súper fácil el camino.

Heavily trafficked trail. Lots and lots of bicycles on the trail so not the best for my toddler to walk on his own. Flume trail was only one way for social distancing.

For a beginner hiker, the hill/ mountain portion was difficult. Our hike was actually 3.7 so I think we took a wrong turn. We passed Alma’s bridge.

Great out and back home to Lexington Res.

This is my to go trail and absolutely love everything about this place . Scenery is beautiful all year long , beautiful views , great for hike and bike . My favorite place to hike <3

Great trail for a short run with my dog. Bobcat spotted 8/8/19–so be aware!

Tue May 07 2019

Thu Mar 21 2019

Great work out ! I carry my baby on my back and get a nice burn!

Tue Jan 22 2019

This trail is decent but short, about 26 minutes or so. It's uphill half the way and you can see the freeway to the right.

Sun Sep 30 2018

Did part of this with another trail. Very nice views of the Santa Cruz Mnt foothills

Fri Sep 28 2018

It was a great walk with the dog. Up and back nice open trail-

Tue Jul 17 2018

Great hike. You do hear the highway, but it's not bad, I wouldn't let that deter you. cool views and there are multiple trails connected of you want to go further.

Wed Feb 07 2018

Nice somewhat busy but wide trail that ends with a nice view. The highway below was not problematic to me at all and street parking was easy to find on a weekend afternoon.

Mon Jan 01 2018

Suround sound from the highway below takes the charm away.

Sun Dec 03 2017

Lots of car noise from the freeway, exposed the entire time. Beautiful chain link fence with barbed wire along most of trail. Won’t do again

Thu Jul 06 2017

It was fairly steep up hill for the majority of the hike, I went up Jones trail to Flume trail and all the way up to the Monte Vista Hill view point. Which, really isn't much of a view point unless you enjoy a view of the city. There were many manzanita bushes, and there are plants that seed in pods and it was so hot that you could hear them popping open! That was definitely an interesting thing to hear while hiking, there are golden poppies and some little purple flowers along the trail but mostly it's just manzanita bushes.

Mon Jun 26 2017

Short ~3mi hike. Moderately steep- so great for weekend 50min fitness while getting sun hiking wearing shorts and tank top.

Sat May 13 2017

Jones trail to hill top and back Around 5 miles

Sun Jan 15 2017

Nice little hike. A good climb, hard enough to be a good workout but not so hard that you feel like your dying. We went on a cold morning which was perfect for the big climb. A little noisy at the beginning. Really nice view at the top if you detour off of Jones trail up to the top of the hill.

Sun Oct 09 2016

Short but great hike. Steady incline in the beginning and end. Half shaded half sunny.

Fri Jul 22 2016

This is a great exercise hike! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because you see and hear cars on 17 too much in the beginning and end of the trail. But once you're far enough away from the sound, it's a peaceful, enjoyable experience.