Johnson's Pasture Trail

Johnson's Pasture Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring water. If you plan to use this trail as a starting point for exploration, please have a map of the area to help you find your way.

Definitely should have read the reviews before going. Good hike but I had zero clear where I was going and got lost. There were next to no signs so I just had to winging it. Ended up in the same city but a different area and had to walk the streets back to my car. Still recommend though!

Kids can’t wait to do it again!

Great sunrise hike!

A good workout, take All Trails App with you to help keep on the right path. Very dry right now. Beautiful in the Spring when it's green.

Stunning view of the horizon with a flat blanket of clouds. Dry and brown for the most part. Some parts get steep. Will do a longer hike next time!

Nice hike and the stairs on the trail give it a different feel.

Hot and dusty with a disappointing amount of asphalt in the middle. Great views of Claremont and Upland. A good exercise hike but not beautiful.

I particularly enjoyed the shade; nice view atop Gail Mtn; Steep stairs portion. A couple of forks along the way led me to pull the app. I will be back

It's an ok hike. More on the easy than moderate . And a bit confusing to follow. Too many deviations

I love this area.... Its so beautiful, and its a perfect trail for me to rehab... Post hip replacement. I just keep going further each visit.

One of my favorite trails in Claremont! Kid friendly, some shade hike 3 of 52 #52HikeChallenge

Sunday, March 05, 2017

The rains have brought beauty to all the Surrounding Claremont hills. This is a nice change from the loop. Plus no fee for parking when you start from Thompson Creek. Going up the makeshift stairs is fun and you feel the burn.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

We arrived early (before 7am) and it was beautifully cool for the whole loop. We did see what we hoped was a dead rattle snake on the sycamore canyon portion of the loop, so be careful and watchful as you move through that narrow track. We're planning to do this one again very soon!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Friday, February 17, 2017

it's gorgeous up there!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Great hike with the pups. The wooden stair cases created a nice experience while walking up the hills.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Beautiful trail. Nice place to hike on a Sunday morning. Need to get there early, parking is a nightmare.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Great place.. Had fun with the family...

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Enjoyable hike with the dogs

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Better walking/hiking

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Trail will give you a good little kick. Not a ton to see but great views at certain points. Much better than the "the loop" considering it isn't littered with people.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Well the trail is still closed due to health issues and dangers

Sunday, June 26, 2016

temporarily closed due to potential threats to health and or safety and welfare of the public.

Friday, April 22, 2016

The stairs are a little bit of a killer, but no pain no gain.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Beautiful scenic views and plenty of shade. Bring lots of water. Recommended for families.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Directions by GPS dropped me in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Uhhhh, I don't think this is the right place.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Not much to view, but a decent hike when it comes to difficulty.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Not a trail with much to see. If you go to far you run into another trail and if you don't turn around you could easily be doing a 12 mile hike. Don't think I'm going to be doing this one again.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Just completed 3.6 mile loop with Gale Mountain Motorway. Gorgeous views!

@Marc Nitz - I read the signs as permit required FROM DUSK TO DAWN. I and many others parked on the street no problem.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Where is the trailhead for this trail? In the early '90s we could park at the cul-de-sac of Via Santa Catarina off of N. Mountain Ave. (north of Claremont). I drove by there last week and it said "parking by permit only". Why have a TH but require a permit?