Johnson's Pasture Trail

Johnson's Pasture Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring water. If you plan to use this trail as a starting point for exploration, please have a map of the area to help you find your way.

I particularly enjoyed the shade; nice view atop Gail Mtn; Steep stairs portion. A couple of forks along the way led me to pull the app. I will be back

It's an ok hike. More on the easy than moderate . And a bit confusing to follow. Too many deviations

I love this area.... Its so beautiful, and its a perfect trail for me to rehab... Post hip replacement. I just keep going further each visit.

One of my favorite trails in Claremont! Kid friendly, some shade hike 3 of 52 #52HikeChallenge

The rains have brought beauty to all the Surrounding Claremont hills. This is a nice change from the loop. Plus no fee for parking when you start from Thompson Creek. Going up the makeshift stairs is fun and you feel the burn.

We arrived early (before 7am) and it was beautifully cool for the whole loop. We did see what we hoped was a dead rattle snake on the sycamore canyon portion of the loop, so be careful and watchful as you move through that narrow track. We're planning to do this one again very soon!