Johnsondale Bridge Trail

Johnsondale Bridge Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Johnsondale, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Trail is moderate not easy. Easy because it is virtually flat. Very few incline/decline. But, due to rocky terrain we give it moderate. Not to mention a few drop offs right to the edge of the trail. Otherwise, very peaceful and scenery is wonderful. The sound of the river lulls you to sleep. Be aware of tics though. This trail is loaded with them. Overall we gave it a 3 star rating. Happy Hiking....

Nice trail along the river. Starts out pretty rocky the first 3/4 mile or so and then the trail is a bit nicer. Took our German shepherd puppy and he had a blast. Had to turn back about 2.5-3 miles in as the water level was too high and we lost the trail. We were going to go to the end, camp, and loop back around the rincon trail but were not able to se we went up to check out the George bush tree instead. Others passed us up on the way back and said they navigated through the water a short distance and met back up with the trail. Overall nice hike.

I took my 7 year old daughters on this hike. I wouldn't call this "easy".. it could because of the level of the river this year, but I was a little anxious and turned back sooner than I might have otherwise. The trail gets lost on some rather rocky areas you have to navigate. A lot of the rock is shale (I think?) that breaks easy and slides around. It was beautiful and we had a great time, I just feel the classification is "easy" is quite misleading.

I would not label this trail as easy, especially if you do all 8+ miles. I hike regularly and would say it is moderate. That being said it is an awesome trail. Today held many highlights such as wildflowers all along the trail and the waterfalls were stunning.

Beautiful hike along the river. There are a few spots you can stop for the night if you are backpacking. The girlfriend and I went up a few miles - stopped at the Tea Cups / Falls and relaxed - then headed back.

Highly suggest this beautiful hike.

fly fishing

hiked back about 2 miles. great trail

did about 3 miles in. nice trail. a little hot by noon. Lots of places to go down to the river

Monday, May 09, 2016