Joaquin Miller Park Loop

Joaquin Miller Park Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail network offers a plethora of options. Explore the Palo Seco Creek, and Cinderella creek while looking for wildflowers and the occasional deer. A popular option is to take the Sinawik trail to the Castle Park Trail, and return via the Sequoia Bayview Trail and the Sunset Trail.

I hike this location pretty regularly, its really easy

I wish I had read Antoinette S's review as I went for a run and didn't expect the Cinderella trail to be so uphill (and now I see the graphic below the map showing clearly the elevation changes and how I did the trail backwards)...hard for a beginner runner and I did nearly get mowed down by a bicyclist. It's a beautiful trail, but that leg of it I wouldn't call easy.

Great trail! The Cinderella trail was more challenging than expected. The trail was very narrow in some parts and you're sharing the road with bikers, so be careful! Overall, it was a great escape from the city.

Hiked here with my boyfriend and our dog had an amazing time it was one of my favorite hikes by far

This whole area is filled with different hikes and I love it. The majority of the hike is in the woods passing beautiful red wood trees and walking by the creek. Love coming here with my dogs

Good hike!

One of my favs! Lots of people and dogs off leash though without the owners nearby so beware if your afraid of dogs appearing out of nowhere and smelling you Two sets of big dogs did this to my little toy poodles with the owners not even within calling distance as I did ask them to come get their animals. Scary people very trusting of their animals