Jim Green Trail

Jim Green Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice trail. less than 2 miles. baby wear over stroller as there are steep parts as well and 3 metal bars on the ground that the stroller couldn't go over. lots of up and down hills. pretty scenery. was super easy for my 4 years son! dogs on a leash, and our Ranger loved the trail!

A nice afternoon walk if you’re short on time. There are some spots that are a little steeper, but it’s a well maintained trail. There is a cut-over if you want to cut the trail in half. At a medium leisurely pace it took about 45 minutes for the 1.7 mile loop. Lots of dogs, some off leash (boo), but overall not too crowded. Easy parking at a well marked trailhead off of the dead end street of Cortez. A decent outing.

We are new to this (trail walking) and brought our 2 beagles. All 4 of us really enjoyed it. Beautiful even in early January. Easy trail to follow and good for beginners (and dogs!). We look forward to returning.

Took our two dogs and hiked the loop. It’s a great walk!

Solid trail for what it is. Small loop with some hills, mighty oak trees to look at with lots of deer. There's a bench halfway through that overlooks the golf course. For 5 stars it needs an epic view at the end but that's not this trail. There are cool goats at the trailhead! I want to pet them so much...

It's not really made for a double stroller. There's 3 long bars that goes across the trail in the beginning so after loading my tribe, I had to unload them, lift the stroller over and load them back up and again when we left. The trail is on the thiner side (walking/bike), it's not busy & it gives you that "mountain lion" feel which I don't like when your the only adult. I don't recommend going alone and if you do, be sure to have protection and be on high guard cause you never know what you may come across. This was my first and last time going with kids.

Nice little in town trail. Decent workout for a short trek.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

A bit of a disappointing hike. It starts by a waste water treatment area and the odor was pretty strong. It was a nice view at the top but I think there are better options for hiking close by.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Great little hike with lots of mossy trees.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Great starter hike if you're just starting to get into hiking. My wife and I brought our kids ages 9, 2, and a 2 month old and the both 9 and 2 year old walked it just fine (a little slow with the 2 year old but she did great). Definitely recommend it for all skill levels and a great family adventure, even if it is a bit short.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Great little trail to do with kids or pets. I usually run the loop twice to get a good workout in. Very hot in the summer though.

Monday, November 07, 2016

My new favorite place to hike.
It's more like a nice walk in a forest. If you speed up the pace you could probably get a workout out of it, but otherwise makes for a nice relaxing walk.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Great trail with a few challenges

Friday, August 05, 2016

A little gem in A-town. Well maintained and fun for a quick walk.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Great!!!

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Nice, short, well=marked trail that has a easy up-and-down moments. If you are limited on time and want a quick workout this is the trail for you. Parking is limited.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Nice short hike. The views are beautiful and our dogs loved it. There were a good number of people using the trail but it didn't feel too crowded at all.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Quick hike, and it's not rocky so it's a good trail to run/mountain bike. Will be back.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Nice trail to take your dog.