Jim Green Trail

Jim Green Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Loop

Fun walk with the whole family including the dogs. Pretty scenery even in summer.

Nice trail, pretty peaceful. There are shortcuts to make it shorter although it’s a pretty quick loop anyway. Wear good shoes as it can be steeper than expect at a couple points.

Easy hike.... beautiful views

Pretty fun quick hike. The trees are amazing.

Good for a trail run or an easy hike.

This is a perfect stroll for my old lazy dog. Short and sweet in a Beautiful setting. I went mid morning on a cold day - 44 degrees and sunshine and it was lovely. Lots of woodpeckers!

Very pretty. It felt like higher than 165ft but still easy. Nice golf course. Too bad those sand bikes are noisy and annoying.

Great hike for kids. The trail is very well maintained. Beautiful Oaks and wildlife.

Mon Oct 29 2018

Good little trail, my tracking app said 1.75 miles with some elevation changes and pretty scenery. Would be a good one for a trail run.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Great trail for families with kids learing to ride trails a lot of people walking the trail so becareful

Mon May 07 2018

Super rad for the kids

Mon Apr 02 2018

This is a fun, shady and well-maintained trail. It is fairly short, but always a challenge because of some steep hills. It has a nice view of the golf course on one side. This is an equestrian trail so be careful of the horse poo along the way. If you enter on the Curbaril side, there are some bars on the first section of the trail that may be difficult for a stroller.

Sat Mar 17 2018

So this was my first time out on a trail. I was told this trail is a “lung buster” but is a good for beginners. And That it is!! I did end up walking up a few of the hills witch I expected would be the case. As a newbee I enjoyed it and know I have a lot of room to grow on this trail.

Fri Feb 23 2018

nice trail. less than 2 miles. baby wear over stroller as there are steep parts as well and 3 metal bars on the ground that the stroller couldn't go over. lots of up and down hills. pretty scenery. was super easy for my 4 years son! dogs on a leash, and our Ranger loved the trail!

Sat Feb 10 2018

A nice afternoon walk if you’re short on time. There are some spots that are a little steeper, but it’s a well maintained trail. There is a cut-over if you want to cut the trail in half. At a medium leisurely pace it took about 45 minutes for the 1.7 mile loop. Lots of dogs, some off leash (boo), but overall not too crowded. Easy parking at a well marked trailhead off of the dead end street of Cortez. A decent outing.

Sun Jan 07 2018

We are new to this (trail walking) and brought our 2 beagles. All 4 of us really enjoyed it. Beautiful even in early January. Easy trail to follow and good for beginners (and dogs!). We look forward to returning.

Fri Nov 24 2017

Took our two dogs and hiked the loop. It’s a great walk!

Tue Jul 04 2017

Solid trail for what it is. Small loop with some hills, mighty oak trees to look at with lots of deer. There's a bench halfway through that overlooks the golf course. For 5 stars it needs an epic view at the end but that's not this trail. There are cool goats at the trailhead! I want to pet them so much...

Wed May 17 2017

It's not really made for a double stroller. There's 3 long bars that goes across the trail in the beginning so after loading my tribe, I had to unload them, lift the stroller over and load them back up and again when we left. The trail is on the thiner side (walking/bike), it's not busy & it gives you that "mountain lion" feel which I don't like when your the only adult. I don't recommend going alone and if you do, be sure to have protection and be on high guard cause you never know what you may come across. This was my first and last time going with kids.

Sat Apr 29 2017

Nice little in town trail. Decent workout for a short trek.

Mon Apr 03 2017

Sun Feb 12 2017

A bit of a disappointing hike. It starts by a waste water treatment area and the odor was pretty strong. It was a nice view at the top but I think there are better options for hiking close by.

Sun Feb 12 2017

Great little hike with lots of mossy trees.

Tue Jan 03 2017

Great starter hike if you're just starting to get into hiking. My wife and I brought our kids ages 9, 2, and a 2 month old and the both 9 and 2 year old walked it just fine (a little slow with the 2 year old but she did great). Definitely recommend it for all skill levels and a great family adventure, even if it is a bit short.

Sat Dec 31 2016

Great little trail to do with kids or pets. I usually run the loop twice to get a good workout in. Very hot in the summer though.

Mon Nov 07 2016

My new favorite place to hike. It's more like a nice walk in a forest. If you speed up the pace you could probably get a workout out of it, but otherwise makes for a nice relaxing walk.

Thu Sep 01 2016

Great trail with a few challenges

Fri Aug 05 2016

A little gem in A-town. Well maintained and fun for a quick walk.

Mon Jul 18 2016

Great!!!

Sat Mar 05 2016

Nice, short, well=marked trail that has a easy up-and-down moments. If you are limited on time and want a quick workout this is the trail for you. Parking is limited.