Jennie Lake Trail

Jennie Lake Trail is a 12.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Springville, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The trail was dirt with some gravel and rock in places. Some trees had fallen over the trail and had not been cut so you'll have to go around them. There is an tricky spot about three miles in, there is a small pass like area that is used as a rest stop. If your not careful you may miss the fact that the trail does not pass through this area but to the side of it so you may not see the trail. Higher up there are some rocky areas that have ducks to mark the trail so keep and eye out.

For ‘city folk’, you’ll not find more bang for your buck. Great views, decent distance, pristine lake and views. I’ve not been back in a few years, but hope to get back again someday.

Jennie Lakes is a great day hike!! Easy hike and great views. We went in the spring, did a polar bear plunge (BRR)!

We started from the big meadow parking lot (adds a little more then a mile to your hike- try to find the fox meadow trailhead, spits you out near the trailhead for Jennie lakes) and backpacked in to Jennie lake. The hike there was mainly uphill and took us 4 hours. We reached the lake at 330pm to find three groups already setting up camp, which worried us but luckily there were plenty of camp spots dispersed around the lake we could camp at. The lake was gorgeous and there were tons of trout that we saw! As it got later we made a fire and cooked dinner. It was a perfect one nighter. We left at 830am on Sunday and got back to the parking lot at 1030. The hike back down was extremely easy since it was mostly downhill. Great hike and next time we will do the hole loop!

Beautiful hike. We slept Friday night at Big Meadows campground and then left for the trailhead in the morning. The hike only took about 3 hours, and Poop Out Pass was not as difficult (in my opinion) as some described. The lake was gorgeous but there were at least six other camps while we were up there. The fishing it great! Caught rainbow trout using Power Bait.

How do you get to the fox meadow parking lot?

Great day hike. Good trail variety from strolls through the trees to scrambling over granite out-cropings. The Jennie Lake didn't disapoint. Clear, cold and spectacular granite back drop.

Did a quick overnight at Jennie Lake 13 July. all trails well marked, no snow to speak of. Lake was clear, and mosquito free. Decent crowd for a Thursday. Ran out of time to do the loop via JO pass, but ranger posted info said there was still big snow and fast water up that way.

Would recommend Jennie Lake for overnight backpack, great workout, especially going up Poop Out Pass.

Did this with my 8 year old on his first multi night backpacking trip. He carried his own pack weighs down at about 10lbs. This was the first time To Jennie lake for both of us. Started out of fox meadow. Trail was great until top of poop out pass then lost trail with snow. Thank goodness for GPS locator on All-Trails app. Kept us in the ball park of the trail as we climbed over snow banks. With all the snow this year the lake was still mostly iced over and any little stream was now a river but we were able to find a nice camp site away from the lake (all lake sites were under snow still) and was only 3min walk to lake where we caught two small rainbows. Had the whole place to ourselves!!!! It was an amazing trip.

I may be a little biased because I patrol this area, but this hike is beautiful, can be challenging, and is sure to give some amazing views. Right now there is tons of snow and the creeks are nearly raging rivers. However, this trail (versus the whole loop) is the best access point to Jennie Lake!

I've hiked to Jennie lake but entering at lodgepole on the Twin Lakes trail...its a tough trail approximately 8 miles...if you feel you won't make it over the J.O. Pass you can camp at Clover Creek about 6 miles in and tackle the pass to Jennie lake the next day...I made it in one day before but was exhausted...this lake is beautiful and I only rate it a 4 because I love solitude and this lake is usually pretty busy in the summer...

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Great hike....There is a lot of foot traffic though. I would recommend for trail runners. Very clean lake with beautiful views.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hiked thus trail probably ten times, and run the entire loop once. A beautiful Lake, great location.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

I enjoyed a 3 day trip out here. There are some slippery spots but it is definitely worth the steep inclines. Not as many people as I'm use to seeing on other hikes, which was a nice change.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Beautiful but not "easy." Be weary of slippery spots and steep inclines.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

If your up for a challenge, Jennie lake is the trail for you. We started from Stoney creek and its 2.5 miles of steady stright up hill, after that it gets a little easy for a little less than a mile of stright trail. Then it's another 2 likes of rocky up hill terrain. Last mile is all down hill with amazing views of granite rock all around. Lake was beautiful & sparking clean.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

It's a steady uphill hike. Take your time hiking up if you're not in the best of shape. There are some great views throughout the hike.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Son and I decided to go on a simple overnight hike to break in the summer. Chose Jennie Lake out of convenience since it’s about a 45 minute drive to Big Meadows from my house. Despite the option for the shorter Fox Meadow trailhead hike I opted for Big Meadows which apparently adds about 1.5 miles. We started off strong moving at a pretty good pace and although slowed up a bit towards the last part of the climb we reached the top of Poop out Pass with relatively no issues. Working our way down towards Jennie, locating the trail became somewhat tricky with the winter snows melting away into running streams that at times flowed down parts of the trail and at others obscured different parts. This definitely slowed us up, and despite our focus to stay on the trail we found ourselves doubling back a couple times. Once we grew closer to the lake snow cover became a new challenge covering large parts of the trail. The hike ended up taking us a little longer than expected but with minimal hiking experience we accomplished what we set out to do and we were well rewarded with the beauty of Jennie Lake.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Awesome trail. Only a couple of moderate climbs on the way in including one called Poop Out Pass which is only about 1/4 mile long. I was pretty worn out once we got to the lake but was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the hike back out (mostly flat and/or slightly down hill).
Beautiful scenery and mostly shaded trail during the day. This was our first big day hike of the season and we felt that it pushed us in a good way, but not too much.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Beautiful views. Good spots to camp at Jennie lake

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Not for the faint of heart. Beatifulf country, though crowded lake in peak seadon.