Jennie Lake Trail

Jennie Lake Trail is a 12.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Springville, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The trail was dirt with some gravel and rock in places. Some trees had fallen over the trail and had not been cut so you'll have to go around them. There is an tricky spot about three miles in, there is a small pass like area that is used as a rest stop. If your not careful you may miss the fact that the trail does not pass through this area but to the side of it so you may not see the trail. Higher up there are some rocky areas that have ducks to mark the trail so keep and eye out.

I may be a little biased because I patrol this area, but this hike is beautiful, can be challenging, and is sure to give some amazing views. Right now there is tons of snow and the creeks are nearly raging rivers. However, this trail (versus the whole loop) is the best access point to Jennie Lake!

I've hiked to Jennie lake but entering at lodgepole on the Twin Lakes trail...its a tough trail approximately 8 miles...if you feel you won't make it over the J.O. Pass you can camp at Clover Creek about 6 miles in and tackle the pass to Jennie lake the next day...I made it in one day before but was exhausted...this lake is beautiful and I only rate it a 4 because I love solitude and this lake is usually pretty busy in the summer...

Great hike....There is a lot of foot traffic though. I would recommend for trail runners. Very clean lake with beautiful views.

Hiked thus trail probably ten times, and run the entire loop once. A beautiful Lake, great location.

I enjoyed a 3 day trip out here. There are some slippery spots but it is definitely worth the steep inclines. Not as many people as I'm use to seeing on other hikes, which was a nice change.

Beautiful but not "easy." Be weary of slippery spots and steep inclines.

If your up for a challenge, Jennie lake is the trail for you. We started from Stoney creek and its 2.5 miles of steady stright up hill, after that it gets a little easy for a little less than a mile of stright trail. Then it's another 2 likes of rocky up hill terrain. Last mile is all down hill with amazing views of granite rock all around. Lake was beautiful & sparking clean.

It's a steady uphill hike. Take your time hiking up if you're not in the best of shape. There are some great views throughout the hike.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Son and I decided to go on a simple overnight hike to break in the summer. Chose Jennie Lake out of convenience since it’s about a 45 minute drive to Big Meadows from my house. Despite the option for the shorter Fox Meadow trailhead hike I opted for Big Meadows which apparently adds about 1.5 miles. We started off strong moving at a pretty good pace and although slowed up a bit towards the last part of the climb we reached the top of Poop out Pass with relatively no issues. Working our way down towards Jennie, locating the trail became somewhat tricky with the winter snows melting away into running streams that at times flowed down parts of the trail and at others obscured different parts. This definitely slowed us up, and despite our focus to stay on the trail we found ourselves doubling back a couple times. Once we grew closer to the lake snow cover became a new challenge covering large parts of the trail. The hike ended up taking us a little longer than expected but with minimal hiking experience we accomplished what we set out to do and we were well rewarded with the beauty of Jennie Lake.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Awesome trail. Only a couple of moderate climbs on the way in including one called Poop Out Pass which is only about 1/4 mile long. I was pretty worn out once we got to the lake but was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the hike back out (mostly flat and/or slightly down hill).
Beautiful scenery and mostly shaded trail during the day. This was our first big day hike of the season and we felt that it pushed us in a good way, but not too much.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Friday, February 19, 2016

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

3rd time to Jennie lake. Fishing usually works out, & this time was no disappointment.
Save yourself 1.5 miles each way by leaving from Fox Meadow opposed to the Big Meadow Trailhead. The logging road is a little rough for cars but doable, easy for a truck or SUV.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Beautiful views. Good spots to camp at Jennie lake

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Not for the faint of heart. Beatifulf country, though crowded lake in peak seadon.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014