James Irvine Trail

James Irvine Trail is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Orick, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

1998 feet

Great hike I've done as part of a longer hike posted onsite. Praire Creek is no doubt my favorite in the area.

Went on this trail with a group of about 40 people. Everyone got spread out pretty far. This was easily the neatest hike I've been on. Takes you through the deepest Redwoods. It's like your walking through the Ewoks Forest. You are in the shade for most of it until the very end, just past Fern Canyon. Make sure you visit Fern Canyon before exiting to the parking lot at the bottom. You can hike to the beach from there if you like. This was not the easiest hike I've been on but everyone people made it. We did end up shuttling in vehicles from the parking lot at the bottom. It would have been hellish to go both ways for the average person. Plus you see everything on the way down, the way back up would just be a work out and not very scenic lol. I will do this hike everytime I visit the redwoods. It was a cool hike and the smells and visuals were amazing.