Iverson and Sequoia Nature Loop Trail

Iverson and Sequoia Nature Loop Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near La Honda, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

A pleasant loop trail that goes through redwood groves. Take the trail to Tiptoe Falls for an extra bonus Take the Iverson Trail to Tiptoe falls

Did this with my son in the backpack half the way and walking the other.
I saw 5 people in total so not a lot of traffic for 3 hours.
The footing is unstable due to all the leaves so bring shoes with grooves.
Shaded all the way and got cold, I put his sweater on.
I deducted one star as they were running some infernal machine near the HQ which ruined half my hike till they shut it down additionally the Iverson cabin is not a cabin but a place where the cabin once was and next to it are some hideous falling apart ranger housing? which is ultra-lame they should fix them and not run machinery on the day of the Lord.

Other than that I'd say, this is an excellent trail for quiet walking especially when it is hot in the bay.
$10 entrance fee, cash using envelope

Nice hike. My 18 month old was able to hike along side me for much of this one

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Friday, November 27, 2015

Went to Portola State Park on Thanksgiving day, and the park was empty as I had hoped. Iverson trail is less of a hike, and more of a walk through the redwood forest. It was a beautiful and FREEZING! I ended up adding 2 layers of clothing for our walk through the woods. We took Iverson trail to Pomponio trail in the hopes of going to the Tarwater Loop Trail, but Tarwater Loop was closed off with caution flags, so we stayed on Pomponio trail.
Tips:
-Always pay the park fee, it's on the honors system, but the rangers are definitely looking for the tags on parked car dashboards.
-Service animals allowed on trails
-Watch for banana slugs :)
-Bring clothes for layering!