Iron Mountain and Bridge to Nowhere Loop

Iron Mountain and Bridge to Nowhere Loop is a 18.4 mile loop trail located near Valyermo, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

This trail should be rated extremely dangerous between Heaton flats and Easy Fork (aka Alison mine trail) and furthermore life threatening. Truly I feel it should be removed as to not allow others to put their lives in this much danger.
There are no clear trail markers and the trail has been mostly washed out. Wrong turns may honestly be your last and almost was for quite a few of us.
This should not even be a trail on all trails as I think many avid backpackers would be risking their lives by taking this trail.
Perhaps this was once luxurious. Now, it is one the most dangerous experiences I have ever had in my life.
Also, good luck if you get stuck like we did- there’s no signal or way for anyone to get you help or off the mountain side.

I’m unbelievably thankful that I had the people with me that I did- or I would not be here to tell the story.

This is not a trail!!!! The section between Heaton Flats and the mine and to bridge is all but gone!
it’s washed out by stone and is extremely dangerous!! navigating along the ridge mostly cliff and loose rock falling in some spots is certain death
Since the trail is so washed out it’s very very difficult to stay on course
U could never bring enough water in summer do to the time required to navigate the treacherous terain we holed up in Allison mine until the heat subsided and continued navigating the terrain on not more than broken game trails there was also yucca unchecked along the cliff
u had no option but to go through its choke points of yucca!! there was lots of blood! Popped mattresses (painful)
All trails needs to remove this trail as it does not exist the forest service removed it already
Someone could get lost and die on this supposed trail !
AllTrails would be wise to at least rate it as extremely difficult