Inspiration Point via Sam Merril Trail to Castle Canyon Trail

Inspiration Point via Sam Merril Trail to Castle Canyon Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Altadena, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Such a beautiful trail with a great view! You feel very accomplished when you get to the top of this mountain!

It was a good hike with great views from the top. It was a nice challenge but reasonable too. I hiked in the very early morning so the trail was is the shade for the majority of the time. There were also fewer hikers on the way up. Hiking on a Saturday can become very busy and the trail was hopping with upward bound hikers during my descent. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

This was a great cardio session for me. Started off at the Sam Merrill trail and reached Echo Mountain, and then from there, I continued towards Inspiration Point via Castle Canyon Trail, and made it to the top. It was a very hot day, and this made the hike more difficult than it should be. I didn't come back down the same way, I took the loop hike and went back down via Middle Same Merrill trail. This was a nice long hike back and forth, but on a really hot day. I took 3 litters of water and it wasn't enough. I really underestimated this hike and didn't bring enough water. I actually only had 3 litters of water. On the way back down, I was resting and two cool dudes came by and helped out with giving me an additional 1/2 litter of water and that saved me and gave me the energy to make it down in one piece. I've been hiking for a while, but this time I didn't make the wise decision to take more water. So remember, take water with you, and if in doubt, take more water with you. You will need it, trust me. Now keep in mind, I'm about 6 feet, 1 inch tall and my weight is around 215, and lift weights, so my body is use to constant water need. We're all different, but still take water with you, more importantly on hot summer days.