Inspiration Point and Grassy Hollow

Inspiration Point and Grassy Hollow is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Valyermo, California that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

great spot for an easy hike with the family. it is better to park and start at grassy hollow visitor center then hike to inspiration point then back.

It's always great to be on the PCT. I ended up extending my hike to the whole section of the trail. The trail was nice and easy and there wasn't a lot of elevation change. The views wer amazing I recommend this trail to anyone looking for a nice easy hike.

I'm nice and easy hike, you going to explore more trail and is beautiful.

I followed TJ F.'s review below. I brought my six year old boy and my (almost) 4 year old boy in a kid carrier. Our trip ended up about 7.4 miles. Great scenery, beautiful views of the Mojave, forest, Baden Powell and Baldy. PCT is well maintained as usual. The fire road is a little lame but otherwise a great hike for the little ones!

I loved this one, but I would definitely recommend starting at the Grassy Hollow Visitor Center. I don't think you have to pay if you park there... at least that's what the man working today told me. The part of the trail that goes along the fire road is kind of boring, but once you get up onto the hills you get some incredible views! I'll definitely do this one again.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Beautiful cool day! Nice hike west out of Big Pines Rec area. You don't need an adventure pass to park at the area but you can buy one there if you like. PCT goes in and out of the sun so we chose the fire road return so we would be in the sun. Lots of families with young kids. Enjoy!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Sunday, August 09, 2015

I love this trail...but I came just this close to getting my daughter bit by a rattlesnake. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. The rating really depends on what you want in a hike. I gave it 4 stars for being relatively family friendly for smaller children if you are near Grassy Hollow. I am actually surprised to find that Grassy Hollow is at 7400 feet of elevation. I live 15 minutes away and am at 4000 feet. It never seems like the roads climb that much to get to GH.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Great for families with small children.

Thursday, August 01, 2013