Inspiration Point

Inspiration Point is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near New Cuyama, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great trial that unfortunately everyone knows about. Not great for hot days due to lack of shade though. Always high foot traffic, and parking is usually frustrating; pay attention to parking signs because cars Will be Towed!... It ends with a stunning view that everyone should experience at least once if they are local, and my dog loves this trail as much as me and everyone else.

This is my go-to hike in Santa Barbara. It is the right blend of difficult and beautiful. Doing trail runs on this hike is a huge part of my plan to get in better shape.

Amazing! I was so sore the next day!!

Great views. Too many people and unleashed dogs for my liking though.

Very nice short afternoon hike with spectacular Views over Santa Barbara

Beautiful views of Santa Barbara

Beautiful trail and views!

Very convenient place to hike if you’re visiting Santa Barbara and live in the area but don’t want to venture up to San Rafael Wildnerness or Lake Cachuma.

Highly recommended!

Short hike with beautiful views!!! Highly recommended you can also do trail run or bike

Great view! Took us about 2hrs round trip. Going up was a tad difficult if you're an average hiker, but great workout!

Good for stomping out stress.

always a great go to when I want to get a quick trail run or hike with the pup. beware of brushing up on poison oak on the sides of the trail.

It was a very nice hike. we went at 7am, perfect

love this hike

Good Solid hike. uphill on the way there and down on the way back, pretty easy good for everybody

Such a great hike and a rewarding view. Not to hard
I've seen young kids make it to the top.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

love it

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This is a long trail. There is a cement road that technically leads to the trail head. In total I did almost 4 miles. Pretty much all uphill and rocky. Extremely hot because your in a canyon with rocks. Definitely bring water, wear big spray and wear a hat. Very worth it, I got a great workout.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I am here for work and by myself- so I wanted a safe, clearly marked. Trafficked trail and it was exactly that! Met a few friendly people along the way too who gave me the helpful hint of always stay to the left!! (There are several splits and you don't want to go to the right).

I got there on Sunday at about 7:30 am and barely found parking as someone was leaving. By 9 when I left people were parked a good half mile down the road.

Monday, March 06, 2017

I had a good time, but I wish the signage was better. I ended up going to a different peak with a really steep hill so got a bit of an extra workout, but Inspiration Point itself is gorgeous. I knew it would be busy so I went early, but was still surprised by the amount of people on a Sunday morning. Beautiful spot though, especially with the recent rains filling the small stream in the canyon, so definitely worth it at least once.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Extremely average and heavily trafficked hike compared to all the amazing sights in the Los Padres. Good hike for beginners though

Friday, December 30, 2016

Awesome scenery. Great view from top. Straightforward relatively easy hike.

Friday, November 25, 2016

not a bad hike.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Awesome views! Go early - it gets hot.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

An SB classic, can't go wrong here. Usually crowded though.

Friday, August 19, 2016

great view. dusty. hot. recommend going early in the morning or late evening. took us 37 min to reach the top.