Innsdale Drive and Mount Lee to the Hollywood Sign

Innsdale Drive and Mount Lee to the Hollywood Sign is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

partially paved

Shortest hike we could find to the Hollywood sign. Not a hard hike at all, but fun to walk and talk then take a few pictures at some of the lookout points on the way.

I think this is the shortest trail to the Hollywood sign, but I’m not a local. I got to the trail head at 7:30 am on Wednesday, July 4th, and there was parking right in front of the gate. The trail is dirt at first, then some neighborhood streets, dirt again, and then paved road the rest of the way up to the top. There’s a sign halfway through the neighborhood saying “Restricted Entry. No hiking allowed to the Hollywood sign. Violators will be subject to arrest and $103 fine.” A local said that he goes on this trail frequently and we even saw a tour going this way on the way back. I doubt anything ever happens, but it’s at your own risk. Just follow the gps on the all trails app. I recommend going as early as we did if not earlier, because it started to get hot on our way down and the trail gets crowded. You get lots of good views of the Hollywood sign as soon as you hit the trail.

Time: 2 hours
Distance: 4.59 miles
Elevation gain: 826 feet
Total Calories: 496 Cal

Through some neighborhoods for a small part of it. Great for running. Good elevation change and a decent workout.