Indian Truck Trail

Indian Truck Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Corona, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Absolutely beautiful! Very scenic, I left early morning to try to catch the sunrise but didn't realize that the trail would take 2 hours long to reach the very top. But throughout the ride, I just had to stop and admire the forest. I would consider the trail to be easy to moderate level

off road driving

We only did a few miles of this - didn't pay close attention that this road is 11.5 MILES, so only did a few, but the views were nice. It was our first off road trip with a new Crosstrek, and it did fine.

Took Silverado Trail up and Indian Truck Trail down. This trail is pretty basic and could be done in many stock 4wds or even a 2wd with good tires. No need to air down.

4wd not necessary to get up but having 4L is nice for the descent. There are some steep enough sections that, without it, even in 1st gear, you'll use your brakes a ton. Silverado Trail is more challenging and as of Fall 2017 has some deep enough ruts that, if you choose to, you can test out your diff lockers and other off-road features. Views from the top are great.

off road driving

My 1st time on this trail it's very nice and not boring , no need for 4x4 unless it's raining I guess, it's always open no need for permits and there is no gate at the staring but there's few gates up after like 10 miles but I don't thing they close it , there's a lot of spots to stop for views, and also the nice thing that you can take different trail down you don't need to go down in same one, better to deflate tire pressure to like 15 or 20 psi cuz some parts of the trail has small rocks , when I reached the towers I was planning to chill there for a little bit having lunch there's very nice spots you can sit and chill but the annoying thing that it was full of flys and insects and small spiders everywhere I don't know if it's always like that, I'm sure I'm gonna drive this trail again in winter it should be awesome at that time especially when you reach the top.

off road driving

the directions given are accurate. the trail is a fire service trail and as such doesn't really require a 4wd vehicle maybe a medium clearance car like a Subaru Forrester could make it all the way up. I aired down for comfort but it's not necessary. the trail ends at main divide road which a a fun drive either way you go. even better at night.

off road driving

Easy trail. Would not classify as moderate. 2wd pickup trucks can make it up with ease. Overall great views of Lake Elsinore and Corona all the way up. Once at the top of the trail you can see the ocean on a clear day. Head south on the North Main Divide or North up towards Santiago Peak.

off road driving

This is a great one day hike, on warm days I would advise packing extra water at higher elevation I would also suggest some kind of a face net as there are lots of nats in the tree line. 2 miles from the top there are loose rocks on the ground so good shoes are a necessity. Overall a great physical hike, highly recommended.

off road driving

A good twisty trail that essentially takes you up a mountain. Nothing too extreme and any competent SUV or truck will work. 4WD isn't needed, but it's helpful near the top where it gets very rocky. In some places the trail is quite narrow so beware of vehicles coming the opposite direction, you may need to back up into a pullout to let others by. While I don't mind, more then likely your vehicle will get scratched by vegetation, my Wrangler JK sure did. The views are worth the effort however. My Jeep had no issues with this trails and it is mostly stock. Would do this trail again.

off road driving

It's a pretty straight forward trail. Not that difficult. You can catch a good sunset there.

off road driving

Good for stock tires and suspensions!

off road driving

Fun ride with some great views. Melllow with some ruts and rocks. Stock Jeep had no issues. Fun!

off road driving

Nice drive. I drive a full size Superduty and I made it through (mostly) in 2WD. A bit tight in some areas.

Trail was closed. So disappointed since this was my first trail.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great trail with some really nice views once you get up toward the main divide trail to your right.

Easy trail for any stock 4x4 and perfect imo during fall when its gloomy or even raining.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Adventure buddy and I went up the backside since Santiago Canyon is closed in his 2000 Tacoma. Found a great spot to watch the meteor shower with a view of Corona. Haven't been up there in awhile. Trail is pretty soft in some spots and seems like it's been awhile since they've done any maintenance. Trail seems pretty washed out but you can still drive pretty much anything up there. Very dry and dusty, more so than usual, but with the drought I guess that's to be expected.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Took my 2016 Tacoma out today. Didn't see any other vehicles on the trail on a Monday. Decided to go and look for a good view and have lunch. My truck did great. It's a narrow path, I was just worried about another vehicle on the trail.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

We had a blast. Only our second time out in our new jeep so it was perfect for getting our tires dirty. We missed the turn for Main Divide and ended up Hoursethief trail. That was bit rocky but still nothing we could handle. Recommend for novice to intermediate. Only saw two other vehicles and one hiker so it was a great time to go (early Sunday morning).

Saturday, May 14, 2016

I little rough for a dirt bike, but it would have been perfect for a four wheeler. I stopped about two thirds of the way up and hiked the rest.

I saw some crazy man near the top in an F-150.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Nice day to hike. Was a bit cool and windy. Only went 6miles up. Great views.