Indian Truck Trail

Indian Truck Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Corona, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

This trail is a blast, super fun for a night out for a drive, did this trail last night on Oct 11 around sunset and it was a clear night. Really gives you an incredible view of local cities and freeways. My best friend and I did this drive almost all the way through before we turned around. We came from Escondido and I drove my 99 Dodge Ram 2500. I used 4wd low all the way up and back down. You probably don't need 4wd but it definitely definitely will help if you don't have the tires for this route (lots of rocks). Super long trucks I don't recommend doing this road as it gets really narrow and sharp turns and steep cliff. There are some whoopties and alot of the time you will be bouncing out of the seat. lots of fun!! The breeze at night on this mountain is perfect and fresh. We saw a very beautiful animal like a small coyote but more like a cat, super gorgeous animal and sweet. there's alot of turn around points so don't freak out that it's a one way and some of them are good spots to park and look over the cities. Other reviews were very helpful, you'll definitely get some brush across your vehicle. Take snacks and drinks, you'll want to take a break, the road is exhausting on your body mostly for the driver. Definitely go at night hands down, you'll thank me. overall, girls night out was a success. This was the perfect trail for some adrenaline rush and escaping from the work week.

off road driving

the directions given are accurate. the trail is a fire service trail and as such doesn't really require a 4wd vehicle maybe a medium clearance car like a Subaru Forrester could make it all the way up. I aired down for comfort but it's not necessary. the trail ends at main divide road which a a fun drive either way you go. even better at night.

off road driving

Easy trail. Would not classify as moderate. 2wd pickup trucks can make it up with ease. Overall great views of Lake Elsinore and Corona all the way up. Once at the top of the trail you can see the ocean on a clear day. Head south on the North Main Divide or North up towards Santiago Peak.

off road driving

This is a great one day hike, on warm days I would advise packing extra water at higher elevation I would also suggest some kind of a face net as there are lots of nats in the tree line. 2 miles from the top there are loose rocks on the ground so good shoes are a necessity. Overall a great physical hike, highly recommended.

off road driving

A good twisty trail that essentially takes you up a mountain. Nothing too extreme and any competent SUV or truck will work. 4WD isn't needed, but it's helpful near the top where it gets very rocky. In some places the trail is quite narrow so beware of vehicles coming the opposite direction, you may need to back up into a pullout to let others by. While I don't mind, more then likely your vehicle will get scratched by vegetation, my Wrangler JK sure did. The views are worth the effort however. My Jeep had no issues with this trails and it is mostly stock. Would do this trail again.