Indian Trail Loop at Pipe's Canyon

Indian Trail Loop at Pipe's Canyon is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pioneertown, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The loop is currently closed and there’s only one poster sized sign at the parking area before you get to Olsen. But the hike up to the ruins was wonderful. There was a lot of damage after the flood and there’s no estimated trail opening. So unless your local it’s probably not worth the drive out to only do a 3 mile hike. Went there today with my dog 10-22-2017

Nice views will not disappoint!

Cool hike with some water features after a few rains.

This is a great hike, hard the day we did it because it rained. The main reason for my review it to let you know the track I got when I downloaded it is not the same as shown in the map, The track I downloaded was just in out and back to the Stone House not the complete Indian loop and I can't see a way to download the track I added or any other track.

Enjoyable out and back hike through the canyon. The trail varies through a wash and some wet lands that make it feel like fall! Always bring the dogs

Tough trail. Easy in some parts, moderate in some parts, and hard in others. You are hiking in a river bed so be mindful of the weather because of flash floods. The scenery changes along the hike so you're not just looking at the Joshua Tree and rocks all the time.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Monday, December 28, 2015

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This is a hike that begins at the Wildlands Conservancy Ranger Station at Pipe's Canyon. The route is along Pipe's canyon trail to Indian Trail Loop, to the Chapparosa Peak Trail, back to the Ranger Station. It's a high desert adventure. The attraction is desert landscape, canyons, a little scrambling, rock formations, and especially one fabulous view point. Elevation is 4000 - 5000 feet elevation. The trail is "fairly well" marked (a GPX might be helpful though, since my first time there I got off trail). There are now some trail markers throughout.
This GPX does not go to Chapparosa Peak (only .6 miles off the loop, out and back). My recommendation having not been there is - do go there, my bet is it's a nice view there as well.
It was recommended to me to do the counter-clockwise direction since the portion on Indian Trail is the steepest area (best taken uphill). I was on my butt once, though most of you won't have to do even that if taken counter-clockwise.
FYI - compared to the nearby saw tooth trail, 2/3 in my group preferred the latter longer saw tooth hike for scenery. Both were felt by all to be worthwhile however.