Indian Cove Campground Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Twentynine Palms, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Oasis Visitor Center: Follow Twentynine Palms Highway westward to the Indian Cove access road. Turn left on Indian Cove Road and follow it to the campground. The mileage from Oasis Visitor Center is ten miles.

Nice views of boulder formations, but the trail is not clearly marked.

I found it to be pretty poorly marked, but pretty and worthwhile nonetheless.

Tue Apr 02 2019

Went this Morning. Was amazing. Flower are in bloom and the hike was great for our 4 year old who does not like walking!! Wonderful day. Also, you don't have to pay to get into the park and get the benefits of being in the park. Home by noon!!

Sat Mar 23 2019

not marked

Fri Mar 08 2019

There are more unofficial routes than trails in this area. So much wildlife out in early March. Had the pleasure of witnessing 2 red tailed hawks circling overhead, then returning to their clifftop nest. Caves, bouldering and rappelling all nearby slightly up the wash to the west of the trail

Sat Dec 08 2018

Perfect place to boulder hooping!!! Very clean nice campground!!

Tue Jun 05 2018

Lots of fun boulder problems and good rock. Very cool little area

Sat May 26 2018

meh

Sat Mar 10 2018

Easy hike and kids could free climb fun boulder mountains

Mon Feb 26 2018

I love this place, so much to explore, Great sunsets from the top of the boulders!!

Fri Feb 02 2018

Xelent place to camp & boulder hooping

Sun Dec 31 2017

Easy kid friendly and short hike with lots of spots where you can go off trail for a bit and climb some of the impressive rock formations. We were here at dusk and it was beautiful!

Sun Dec 10 2017

It has been many years, but typically this area was great for rock climbing in the Winter Only! Than in the Summer folks would typically use Idylwild: taquit and suicide rock. I was instructed by a world class climber, makes a difference believe me. I don't know what kind of fees, permits, reservations etc are involved these days, there was no administrative protocol back in the day. Just do it.

Sat May 20 2017

This is a super easy trail with information stands all along the trail talking to you about the wild life, plant life and the way people lived before life as we know it set in. There's no shade so make sure to go early in the morning or later in the afternoon. The sunset here is one of a kind so I'd say go in the evening. Super easy!!!

Tue Apr 25 2017

Felt like I was on Mars! I've been twice, Highly recommend Joshua Tree in general, I'm more of of a mountain climber, even though I now live in Kansas, but I love the desert. We went and it was pretty secluded if you know the right spots. Beautiful rocks and sunsets. Lots of kangaroo rats so pack your food properly. Watch out for the cholla! I recommend climbing some of the rocks like Mount Mel.

Mon Mar 06 2017

Great place to camp, yoga on the rocks, hiking

Wed Jan 18 2017

We went off one of the trails at Indian Cove Nature Trail by the restroom closest to all the rock formations. We didn't see the trail with the wooden posts until after we hiked the rock structure one. I really loved all the cool rocks. We learned so much by visiting the Ranger station first. We learned about the other locations in Joshua Tree National Forest. a little history from the newspaper we received too. loved it.

Sun Apr 10 2016

Beautiful in April. Spring has sprung

Tue Nov 11 2014

This is a go to hike for us. It is short and very pretty. There are lots of other trails close by and lots of easy boulder climbing. The other end of the campground will get you to rattlesnake canyon, which is also fun. We usually do both, and have lunch at either rattlesnake canyon, or an empty campsite.

Tue Jun 19 2012

Just walk around the campground near sunset. It is a beautiful place! Friendly climbers too :)

Fri Dec 30 2011

interesting nature trail. not much to it but some informative markers. i did this after doing the boy scout trail so i was a bit tired.

Tue Nov 22 2011

Pixie Rock and BillBoard Buttress

Sun Jul 31 2011

Great place to camp and hike around. I hiked up rattlesnake canyon near this are,a and it was amazing.

Mon May 16 2011

Great campgrounds and one of the few in the park with close access to water.