Indian Cove Campground Trail

Indian Cove Campground Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Twentynine Palms, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Directions from Oasis Visitor Center: Follow Twentynine Palms Highway westward to the Indian Cove access road. Turn left on Indian Cove Road and follow it to the campground. The mileage from Oasis Visitor Center is ten miles.

11 minutes ago

Felt like I was on Mars! I've been twice, Highly recommend Joshua Tree in general, I'm more of of a mountain climber, even though I now live in Kansas, but I love the desert. We went and it was pretty secluded if you know the right spots. Beautiful rocks and sunsets. Lots of kangaroo rats so pack your food properly. Watch out for the cholla! I recommend climbing some of the rocks like Mount Mel.

Great place to camp, yoga on the rocks, hiking

We went off one of the trails at Indian Cove Nature Trail by the restroom closest to all the rock formations. We didn't see the trail with the wooden posts until after we hiked the rock structure one. I really loved all the cool rocks. We learned so much by visiting the Ranger station first. We learned about the other locations in Joshua Tree National Forest. a little history from the newspaper we received too. loved it.

Beautiful in April. Spring has sprung

This is a go to hike for us. It is short and very pretty. There are lots of other trails close by and lots of easy boulder climbing. The other end of the campground will get you to rattlesnake canyon, which is also fun. We usually do both, and have lunch at either rattlesnake canyon, or an empty campsite.

Just walk around the campground near sunset. It is a beautiful place! Friendly climbers too :)

interesting nature trail. not much to it but some informative markers. i did this after doing the boy scout trail so i was a bit tired.

rock climbing

Pixie Rock and BillBoard Buttress

Great place to camp and hike around. I hiked up rattlesnake canyon near this are,a and it was amazing.

Great campgrounds and one of the few in the park with close access to water.