Indian Cove Campground Trail

Indian Cove Campground Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Twentynine Palms, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Directions from Oasis Visitor Center: Follow Twentynine Palms Highway westward to the Indian Cove access road. Turn left on Indian Cove Road and follow it to the campground. The mileage from Oasis Visitor Center is ten miles.

rock climbing

It has been many years, but typically this area was great for rock climbing in the Winter Only! Than in the Summer folks would typically use Idylwild: taquit and suicide rock. I was instructed by a world class climber, makes a difference believe me. I don't know what kind of fees, permits, reservations etc are involved these days, there was no administrative protocol back in the day. Just do it.

This is a super easy trail with information stands all along the trail talking to you about the wild life, plant life and the way people lived before life as we know it set in. There's no shade so make sure to go early in the morning or later in the afternoon. The sunset here is one of a kind so I'd say go in the evening. Super easy!!!

Felt like I was on Mars! I've been twice, Highly recommend Joshua Tree in general, I'm more of of a mountain climber, even though I now live in Kansas, but I love the desert. We went and it was pretty secluded if you know the right spots. Beautiful rocks and sunsets. Lots of kangaroo rats so pack your food properly. Watch out for the cholla! I recommend climbing some of the rocks like Mount Mel.

Great place to camp, yoga on the rocks, hiking

We went off one of the trails at Indian Cove Nature Trail by the restroom closest to all the rock formations. We didn't see the trail with the wooden posts until after we hiked the rock structure one. I really loved all the cool rocks. We learned so much by visiting the Ranger station first. We learned about the other locations in Joshua Tree National Forest. a little history from the newspaper we received too. loved it.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Beautiful in April. Spring has sprung

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

This is a go to hike for us. It is short and very pretty. There are lots of other trails close by and lots of easy boulder climbing. The other end of the campground will get you to rattlesnake canyon, which is also fun. We usually do both, and have lunch at either rattlesnake canyon, or an empty campsite.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just walk around the campground near sunset. It is a beautiful place! Friendly climbers too :)

Friday, December 30, 2011

interesting nature trail. not much to it but some informative markers. i did this after doing the boy scout trail so i was a bit tired.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pixie Rock and BillBoard Buttress

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Great place to camp and hike around. I hiked up rattlesnake canyon near this are,a and it was amazing.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Great campgrounds and one of the few in the park with close access to water.

Saturday, November 12, 2016