Independence Trail East

Independence Trail East is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nevada City, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Nice easy trail. I liked the other end of this trail better though. Also, watch out for wasps; my daughter and I both got stung about a third of the way through the hike and it burned the whole time and even after.

love this trail. beautiful, quiet and FUN!!

I needed a flat trail and this served the purpose for sure! The scenery en route was pretty boring, but the swimming hole you get to at the end is incredible! Heads up, clothing optional swimming, if that's your thing or it isn't.

Definitely better views than the West trail. Had to scare a rattlesnake off the trail. Very flat, easy walk.

lots of beautiful views of the yuba river an easy trail to walk, but the west side is much better

This was a lovely hike, flat except for the beginning which involves stairs. We didn't go all the way to the end, but I would next time. We took our dogs, it's allowed here, which was really nice for all of us.

Trail was open today. Very pretty. Some wet areas but not bad. If you don't like heights this trail Might not be for you.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Boring and stupid. Go to west trail not east.

Friday, March 10, 2017

East is still closed even barricaded off by State Parks. Someone please comment when it's back open.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Nice easy fun trail

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Scenic, very easy but buggy at the end of summer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Scenic, very easy but buggy at the end of Summer, so we turned around before reaching the end.

Thursday, March 16, 2017