Icehouse Canyon to Cucamonga Peak Trail

Icehouse Canyon to Cucamonga Peak Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cucamonga Peak offers amazing views over Southern California's Inland Empire, east toward Apple Valley and beyond. This hike from Icehouse Canyon is a strenuous 10.5 mile out-and-back route with over 4,000 feet of vertical gain and a top elevation of 8,859'. The north-facing slope holds snow much later in the season than other peaks. From atop Cucamonga Peak you can see most of the better-known peaks in Southern California, including the distinctive saddleback mountains (Santiago and Modjeska peaks) in Orange County; Mt. San Jacinto, San Gorgonio, and Mt. San Antonio (Mt. Baldy). This is the second of six southern California summits in the 6-Pack of Peaks bundle. Done in sequence, they provide great training anyone preparing for bigger hikes such as Mt. Whitney or Half Dome. Each hike in the 6-Pack is progressively higher in altitude, and all have respectable distance and vertical elevation gain.

3 minutes ago

Prepared for total 10.5 miles hike as stated in description but in reality it's 12.0 miles (3.6 to Icehouse Saddle and from there 2.4 miles to the peak) it was strenuous hike but it's an awesome view from the peak, me and my wife made it at double the time of the others, apparently the age do affect your speed....

The hike up was a bit more challenging than Mt. Baldy via Devil's Backbone. All single trails no fire roads.
The views from the peak were spectacular, especially with the rock formations and the diving board was awesome. Check out our video.

Incredible views from the summit

May i take a hiking here during Christmas ?thanks

May i take a hiking here during christmas?thanks

Loved this beautiful hike. 25,000+ steps Took 4 hours round trip took many breaks and at a moderate rate of speed. Lots of loose rocks. Bring a minimum 3 liters of water and snacks.

it was an awesome hike took me 3 hours 21 minutes I should have drank more water but I didn't so the last climb to the peak was very hard I only stopped once for about 10 minutes so I think I wore myself out but I made it next time I'll definitely take my time

It is hard tho... I did not finish it lol