Ice House Canyon Trail

Ice House Canyon Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Baldy, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ice House Canyon is just under 8 miles long and located near Mt Baldy. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a full day. The Ice House Canyon is a popular day hike with a trail head just north of Mount Baldy Village. The trail is not to strenuous, but if you are hiking in the winter, snow and Ice is a factor. The saddle is the destination for most hikers and views of Mount Baldy and Ontario Peak can be seen. You will follow a stream for almost the first two miles of the hike. There are great little cabins along the way as well. The trail also leads to several other trail, good backpacking and even to Mount Baldy.

31 minutes ago

nice hike

Great views

2nd hike recorded. Awesome views. Took my kids to spend some time with them. Made it all the way to icehouse saddle in about 2.5hrs. Definitely want to go higher next time. For now I will conquer some others. Definitely recommend

Great view, easy path to follow. Lots of shade.

great trail, parking is limited.

Beautiful hike. For this beginner, it was a little too difficult to do the whole thing, but I made it about 3 miles up before tapping out, then enjoyed some hammock time before the much easier task of trekking down.

I actually went all the way to Cucamonga peak I just haven't gotten the hang of this app lol it was my first peak awesome trail it's difficult enough getting to the saddle but from there another 2.6 miles or so to Cucamonga peak really rewarding hike lots of beautiful scenery totally worth the 8 hours it took me to finish round trip I'm a bit slow but I made the extra effort and it paid off

This was my first time hiking this trail and I loved it. Awesome views, great workout and close to home. I will be returning.

beautiful hike.