Hunting Hollow Road

Hunting Hollow Road is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gilroy, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

We didn't go all the way to the end where it hits the junction cos we saw a coyote and didn't wanna risk an encounter . It was an easy trail . Very hot though cos there wasnt much tree cover . I liked walking across the many creeks but wished I had taken the option to go up Redfern Trail and looped back through Phegley Road back into Hunting Hollow for a better workout and a little more shade. I'll try that next time.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

It was a nice trail with some occasional shady spots. We only walked a couple miles in and back out. There are several quail, frogs, and snakes you might come access on the trial.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Hiked this with my hiking group. Hiking after the rain had stopped. it was muddy but still nice for a hike. this was an easy trail with an option to gain higher elevation if extended to steer ridge loop. but since the trail was muddy and wet, i didnt go just for safety reasons. however, along this hike, we saw beautiful fall colors in the tree and salamanders. I would do this hike again.