Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area Trails

Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area Trails is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near GOrman, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving.

off road driving

Great place for beginner offroad driving. Came here with the bro to test my new(used) trucks 4x4 system and was so excited. Entered through north gorman entrance, employee and kiosk very friendly and provided map. main road going in is paved and has a great view once you arrive to the open space. As a newb to this place i stayed on the easy trails, but these are literally easy as in they are dirt roads. Long story short made it all the way through to pyramid lake, and unfortunately found out my 4wd system does not engage when attempting the climb in the 4x4 test area. Luckily i still had the read locker which was more than enough:) can wait to fix the 4x4 and be back for more intense trails!! also make sure you take plenty of water both for you and the vehicle as there is none in the park. Restrooms check.

off road driving

good all around off road park, the obsticles aren't too crazy.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Was one of the awesomeness days I had last year. I took my 4x4 up thru the easy trails as I a new and a beginner. It was super fun. They had a off road course for atv, motorcycle, and 4x4 vehicles like mine. I ran it thru the mud test which was fun but I will never do it again unless I have too. Made one hell of a clean up underneath the truck. When u go through the gate the guard will also give u a map. The are clearly marked and include easy, medium, difficult, and ones that are designated for motorcycle atv only. If u are new Or a novice to off roading with your vehicle this is the place to come. Can't wait till the next time.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Love it !!! Plan to try another trail tomorrow.

Monday, September 30, 2013