Hummingbird Trail

Hummingbird Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,069 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail is awesome for people who have been hiking for a while, pretty heavy incline and alot of spots to go off trails and higher up but can get stuck in places where you will need to channel some anger and bushwack it creating your own trail. Where clothes that you don’t care about if you are actually going for the hike. I have lived in simi for 20 years now and see too many people not prepared for it. There is snakes so I always bring a big knife in a strap on my side and everyone understands around.....But these are good facts to know about this hike - Its a common hike where high schoolers go to the nets which is a cave with bungee nets to hang in and chill out, to get to the nets the quickest way follow the trail head to the left as it shows on AllTrails. Not a good hike if you plan to stay clean.

Be careful. Snakes around

The views are amazing from every turn. It’s a technical and rocky trail. Pay attention to the arrows on the rock ands you’ll make it through the one section just fine. The view from the top was well worth the climb.

This is my go to trail, it can be difficult, but if you pace yourself properly it is moderate. I was able to reach the top in about 10 minutes, really pushing it, by the top I mean the top of the steep large flat rock. Although I have gone off trail to the very top of the mountain. There’s a decent amount of wildlife. At night there are frogs sometimes that can be heard, and usually some bunnies and birds and hawks. Overall good trail.

Beautiful!! We went off trail and climbed the rocks and boulders. Its quite the workout but so worth it! I wouldnt recommend for beginners.

This hike was so gorgeous! Definitely a workout. I’m not the most experienced hiker and wore inappropriate shoes and took a spill a few times. Made it to the secret cave !!!!!! So excited and worth it. Be careful though it can be pretty sketchy. Don’t advise bringing your dog if you want to get up to the cave due to the fact is pretty steep and dangerous at parts. But soooooo worth it!!!

just walking the dog this morning real quick. I love this trail. good exercise.

Very nice place to hike, specially climbing around the big boulders is a lot of fun. My dog loved running around this place.

This Hike on a rainy day is just beautiful! As if you were in a completely different country! Creeks form on boulders and the trail. Some Rock Waterfalls form. Just Beauty! Hike it in mild to moderate Rain. A whole new experience.

An easy and surprisingly beautiful sunrise hike. Makes for a nice run on the return.

I like it because it has everything one would like in hiking trails.

Phone read 3.6m in 52’21” with 969ft elevation gain. Steep in spots but never slippery. Boulders galore. Wish I would have been on a mtb on way down.

I love this trail!! A friend and I came to this trail looking for the secret cave (we didn’t find it) but were pleasantly surprised with the hike anyway! We did lose the trail on our way up towards the Rocky Peak Trail split, so using the map on here really helped us get back on track. On our way down, it was much easier to follow the purple arrows. when you reach Rocky Peak Trail, if you turn left you’ll loop back to where you parked off of Kuenher Dr. if you go right, you’ll continue on a much longer hike but we hear the views on Rocky Peak Trail are beautiful. We brought our dog but there isn’t really any shade at all, so bring lots of water and wear sunscreen and hats. Great views the whole way up...it gets pretty steep at times. We will definitely be coming back to check out more of Rocky Peak too!

Love this trail. Hiking poles helped greatly with the ascent and descent.

Definitely challenging specially after you’ve done several other hikes and get lost (it happens to me a lot) but it was s good challenge and I totally teared up when I saw my vehicle LOL

fantastic challenge and scenery. good amount of wildlife and bouldering fun.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

awesome and adrenaline pumping

Monday, June 11, 2018

Great trail, it did get a bit confusing at times with following the path but with a little bit of exploring I found some red arrows painted on the rock floor, did this hike in about 80° weather and on my own, felt safe and it was pretty enjoyable to see how the path follows on rock for a bit.

Monday, March 19, 2018

I love this trail, the views at the top are very picturesque!

Monday, February 19, 2018

Great hike with good elevation. No shade but beautiful scenic route through big rock formations, a couple of caves along the way. This trail intersects with Rocky Peak so you have the option to continue up Rocky Peak for a longer hike with more elevation. Weather was perfect for long hike today. Hiked all the way to “Sea Shell” ridge. This point is another thousand feet of elevation and at one time must have been an ocean floor because you can find sea shells scattered, check out the photo of the rock with embedded shell. Also stunning views along the route; Simi Valley on one side, San Fernando Valley on the other side. This trail also intersects with Chumash trail, will check out next time. Will definitely add to my fav list.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

This trail is an incline all the way up until it meets rocky peak trail. It is a challenge but worth it! It will give your legs a work out but the terrain is awesome. It is hard on the knees if you are one that may have knee problems. I would highly recommend this as an early morning hike because there is no shade. Bring plenty of water. While we went in the afternoon it was still a fun but very tiring hike.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Challenging, but very doable. Cool rock outcroppings and views. Really enjoyed it.

Monday, January 22, 2018

It’s hard but the view is so amazing!!!!

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Cool terrain. It gets hot so make sure you have adequate water.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fairly steep climb. Great views if Simi Valley on the way up. At the top where the trail meets the Rocky Peak Trail nice view of San Fernando Valley.

Saturday, October 21, 2017