Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Hummingbird Trail

Hummingbird Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Simi Valley, California and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful!! We went off trail and climbed the rocks and boulders. Its quite the workout but so worth it! I wouldnt recommend for beginners.

This hike was so gorgeous! Definitely a workout. I’m not the most experienced hiker and wore inappropriate shoes and took a spill a few times. Made it to the secret cave !!!!!! So excited and worth it. Be careful though it can be pretty sketchy. Don’t advise bringing your dog if you want to get up to the cave due to the fact is pretty steep and dangerous at parts. But soooooo worth it!!!

just walking the dog this morning real quick. I love this trail. good exercise.

Very nice place to hike, specially climbing around the big boulders is a lot of fun. My dog loved running around this place.

This Hike on a rainy day is just beautiful! As if you were in a completely different country! Creeks form on boulders and the trail. Some Rock Waterfalls form. Just Beauty! Hike it in mild to moderate Rain. A whole new experience.

An easy and surprisingly beautiful sunrise hike. Makes for a nice run on the return.

I like it because it has everything one would like in hiking trails.

Phone read 3.6m in 52’21” with 969ft elevation gain. Steep in spots but never slippery. Boulders galore. Wish I would have been on a mtb on way down.

I love this trail!! A friend and I came to this trail looking for the secret cave (we didn’t find it) but were pleasantly surprised with the hike anyway! We did lose the trail on our way up towards the Rocky Peak Trail split, so using the map on here really helped us get back on track. On our way down, it was much easier to follow the purple arrows. when you reach Rocky Peak Trail, if you turn left you’ll loop back to where you parked off of Kuenher Dr. if you go right, you’ll continue on a much longer hike but we hear the views on Rocky Peak Trail are beautiful. We brought our dog but there isn’t really any shade at all, so bring lots of water and wear sunscreen and hats. Great views the whole way up...it gets pretty steep at times. We will definitely be coming back to check out more of Rocky Peak too!

Love this trail. Hiking poles helped greatly with the ascent and descent.

Definitely challenging specially after you’ve done several other hikes and get lost (it happens to me a lot) but it was s good challenge and I totally teared up when I saw my vehicle LOL

fantastic challenge and scenery. good amount of wildlife and bouldering fun.

awesome and adrenaline pumping

Great trail, it did get a bit confusing at times with following the path but with a little bit of exploring I found some red arrows painted on the rock floor, did this hike in about 80° weather and on my own, felt safe and it was pretty enjoyable to see how the path follows on rock for a bit.

Monday, March 19, 2018

I love this trail, the views at the top are very picturesque!

Monday, February 19, 2018

Great hike with good elevation. No shade but beautiful scenic route through big rock formations, a couple of caves along the way. This trail intersects with Rocky Peak so you have the option to continue up Rocky Peak for a longer hike with more elevation. Weather was perfect for long hike today. Hiked all the way to “Sea Shell” ridge. This point is another thousand feet of elevation and at one time must have been an ocean floor because you can find sea shells scattered, check out the photo of the rock with embedded shell. Also stunning views along the route; Simi Valley on one side, San Fernando Valley on the other side. This trail also intersects with Chumash trail, will check out next time. Will definitely add to my fav list.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

This trail is an incline all the way up until it meets rocky peak trail. It is a challenge but worth it! It will give your legs a work out but the terrain is awesome. It is hard on the knees if you are one that may have knee problems. I would highly recommend this as an early morning hike because there is no shade. Bring plenty of water. While we went in the afternoon it was still a fun but very tiring hike.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Challenging, but very doable. Cool rock outcroppings and views. Really enjoyed it.

Monday, January 22, 2018

It’s hard but the view is so amazing!!!!

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Cool terrain. It gets hot so make sure you have adequate water.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fairly steep climb. Great views if Simi Valley on the way up. At the top where the trail meets the Rocky Peak Trail nice view of San Fernando Valley.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Monday, June 12, 2017

Fun but got a couple scares from rattlesnakes

Friday, April 07, 2017

1st time on the hike and enjoyed it.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Short, but difficult, trail with few shady spots in some small caves. Bring water for sure on hot days. Probably easier going up than down, as I was sliding in my sneakers. Some tiny bits of water on the bottom of the trail, but it will probably dry soon. Connects with Rocky Peak trail if you want to go further. Many small side trails. I went wrong way on one and had to bushwhack trough the grass. In some spots I had to grab my dog to hop a few rocks. Not for little kids except for a small section near the trail head. Few bikers. Decent views, but if you go up Rocky Peak, the views get much better.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Fun trail, lizards, squirrels and butterflies. Some pretty flowers and great views.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

great trail get here early

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great hike! Lots of options to either follow the switchbacks or take the more direct route, which it seems the bikers take more often. Lovely views from the top and while traveling through the canyon.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Terrible hike. Poorly marked. Not physically difficult.