Humboldt Harbor Waterfront Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(29)
Eureka, California

Humboldt Harbor Waterfront Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Eureka, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 19 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Good trail to hike during the day, can be lots of other people though, not all of them there for positive activity out doors

very easy trail. just a pathway. no elevation. right on the water. quite peaceful

I ran this trail for the first time and decided not to bring my dog as it was raining. I made 4 miles out of it and probably saw 25 homeless people, 3 of which followed me for a while. I do NOT recommend this trail for anyone, especially single females.

Wed May 15 2019

Trail is pretty when it’s along the water, however it is ruined by the amount of homeless and sketchy characters that live and hang out on the trail. I felt ok riding my bike on it, but I 100% wouldn’t have felt comfortable walking, especially not alone or without my dogs. I don’t usually write reviews, but felt compelled to for this trail.

Sat Apr 27 2019

This trail has amazing potential for locals as well as tourists to have a cool, beautiful, "downtown"-area, waterfront hike. Unfortunately, it is ruined by unfriendly homeless people, drug needles, and tweakers smoking meth pipes. I've tried to do it with my kids and regretted it.

Mon Mar 11 2019

I wouldn't really call it a hiking trail; it is a paved road smothered with tweakers. I wouldn't walk on it alone...

Wed Nov 07 2018

Beautiful area, new trails are complete around here and it is now clean and family friendly.

Sat Nov 18 2017

Nice little walk while looking at the Woodley Island Harbor... Did that today as well.

Tue Apr 16 2019