Hudner Pass Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hollister, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,053 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

ohv/off road driving

Wife and I took the basic off road course with the Espirit de Four jeep club. Learned the basics of off roading. Great location and lots of obstacles. Highly recommend!

Good trails to take the Jeep on did find a couple spots in the upper ranch you need to have a monster vehicle to enjoy. Did get some video https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKcz1

If planning on hiking Hudner pass, I would recommend doing the trail either in the early part of the day or later part. Mid day you will get cooked.

the best !

Tue Jan 01 2019

Completed the Nature Walk located at the back of the park, a great beginners hike. Definitely dress in layers as some areas are bitterly cold in the shade. Dogs on leashes are welcomed. Not stroller friendly.

Mon Oct 15 2018

great trail for beginners like myself. highly recommended!

Tue May 02 2017

Best SVRA to off-road 4x4, dirt bike, ATV, hike, mountain bike, or ride horses!

Mon Dec 14 2015

Perfect and pro trail

Wed Nov 04 2015

AMAZING PLACE!!! absolutely loved my day trip there. drove the samurai 3 hours up there, wheeled hard all day and drove 3 hours back. it truly has something for everyone. we played around in the obstacle course, jungle trail, bonanza trail, mccray, and crack line trail. i included a video from my youtube channel

Fri Mar 13 2015

Ride our quads there a nice place to ride up on mountain, be careful some people like to change the green diamonds for black or vise vs. custom mufflers will get you sighted.

Wed Sep 17 2014

HOT HOT HOT! It is very sunny out there. Bring sun block! We drove around on a few of the blue "more difficult" trails. Our friend was not very comfortable on the inclines and nearly drove his truck off the side of a hill, but all was fine in the end. At the end of the day we drove up to Hector Heights, which has an amazing view. There was only one other truck up there. We sat in the shade of our vehicles and had a late lunch. We were all worn out at the end of the day. I would definitely go back.

Sun Feb 27 2011

Used to trail run along the trails in the nature area way in the back of the park. Beautiful area. I stopped hiking/running here when I came face to face with a full size mountain lion out there. I'll be back, but scared the crap out of me.

Sun Jun 17 2018