Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Hoyt Mountain via Georges Gap

Hoyt Mountain via Georges Gap is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near La Canada Flintridge, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

I started with the 4.5 mi hike to Hoyt Mountain to the water tank. Decided I didn’t have enough time to complete the entire hike with the sun setting in an hour or so. Turned around and did this 1 mi hike. Complete mistake. The trail is not much of a trail. It’s going straight uphill with a whole lot of loose gravel. Very sketchy. The view was great but the terrain going uphill/downhill isn’t.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

This is hardly a trail and the rating should be difficult. I took this route with my bf thinking it would be a quick and moderate shortcut to the summit, but I regret the decision and wish we took the four mile route instead. The first segment leading to the peak is extremely steep and the trail is not clear. At times, we were on all fours climbing up the mountain and the rocks beneath our feet were unstable and rolling. There was no clear trail at the top of the summit either and the last uphill is also very steep. No shade.

Sunday, March 19, 2017