Hosp Grove Trail

Hosp Grove Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carlsbad, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The dogs and I had some time to kill one morning and decided to check out this area. There were many trails to choose from and we got in a couple of miles. I second the little bluff in the southeast corner as being a highlight of the trip.
I got the feeling that many treat leashes as optional in this area, which is difficult with the terrain as you may come upon an unleashed dog unexpectedly. If we found ourselves in the area again with time to kill I’d probably stop by, but wouldn’t make a special trip.

Good trails, up and down climbs, good for the legs

As this was my first hike ever “easy” lol ok I’m not used to uphill downhill so it was difficult. We also took our pups and we had to carry them for a bit due to broken glass ...

This is a sneaky local trail I like to fit in when time is tight or want to add on some cardio to a workout. Its more of a glorified walk but it's locality is awesome.

This is a great hiking spot for families. We took our two year old and he did great! He was on foot for half of it and in the hiking backpack for the other half. Very safe and possibly even good for our double BOB stroller. We didn't bring it but we plan to next time.
The playground and nearby restaurants were added benefits!
Parking was free

Close to home

Really beautiful with all the flowers blooming right now and not many people. I actually didn't see one person on the actual hike. It's an easy hike to go see some beautiful views and nature. Don't forget the $3 parking fee.

Neat area but a little confusing figuring out where you can go. Eucalyptus trees make for nice trail cover. Nice quick hike.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Nice little Sunday morning hike ...