Hosp Grove Trail

Hosp Grove Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carlsbad, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a sneaky local trail I like to fit in when time is tight or want to add on some cardio to a workout. Its more of a glorified walk but it's locality is awesome.

This is a great hiking spot for families. We took our two year old and he did great! He was on foot for half of it and in the hiking backpack for the other half. Very safe and possibly even good for our double BOB stroller. We didn't bring it but we plan to next time.
The playground and nearby restaurants were added benefits!
Parking was free

Close to home

Really beautiful with all the flowers blooming right now and not many people. I actually didn't see one person on the actual hike. It's an easy hike to go see some beautiful views and nature. Don't forget the $3 parking fee.

Neat area but a little confusing figuring out where you can go. Eucalyptus trees make for nice trail cover. Nice quick hike.

Nice little Sunday morning hike ...

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Good trail for beginners. The hills get your heart rate going. Decent workout. However, it is right next to a busy road and for parts you are looking at the road, a mall, or people's backyards. Also, the trail is not clearly marked. Strayed off-trail a few times, but it was pretty easy to find my way back.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Didn't love this trail. Many trees are cut down and views are of the major shopping centers and streets.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Its more of a backyard made kids playground. Not for me but very relaxing.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Nice leisure walk..there's a couple hills to elevate ur heart rate but it's great for a local workout on days you feel like skipping the gym or you want to start off your day with somethings not to intense and out of the gym. My go to spot

Sunday, April 17, 2016