Horseshoe Loop is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

This is a decent hiking trail considering it is in a Regional Park. I went to Irvine Regional Park on a Tuesday and noticed the Farmer’s Market was happening (every Tuesday from 8-1 pm). After checking out the market, I parked next to the Peacock Hill Equestrian Center (parking lot D) & started on the hike. The trail was mostly golden shrubbery with beautiful mountains in the background. Start early if going in the summer because there’s not much shade & it gets hot out there! I hiked towards Santiago Oaks Regional Park and noticed the “Mountain Lion” area sign. Thankfully, none seen on this trip. It took about 2 hours with a couple side spurs in between. Enjoy!

This trail was horse loop trail in Irvine regional Park. This was quite a hike up. Because of some disabilities I usually stay to flat or semi flat surfaces but this was definitely a pretty good hike straight up for the first I would say quarter to half a mile. Once you got past that, the rest of the trail was relatively easy to moderate. Even though I usually don't like trails like this, I rather enjoyed it and we'll be definitely coming back to this trail.

Just roll it and enjoy ! Hydration is key Had a great ride with some buds ~ TL Dawg

Cute hike

Mon May 20 2019

I started on this trail not really knowing what the name of the trail was. when you come into the park and you turn immediately to right if you park in the very first parking lot on your right hand side you can take the service road that's right there which is paved. as you go up the service road you find yourself walking to a big huge red line that says private area if you look to your right that's where the trail for horseshoe loop starts. but there's no signage that tells you what the name of the trail is. It wasn't until I finally came to the end about two miles down the road that I realized which loop I was on. This is an excellent hike and I highly recommend it. I would say that it's on the easy side to slight moderate for those who might have knee or back problems because it's a little hilly.

Sun Mar 10 2019

Great trail but had the loop blocked off because of all the rain. Still a good hike and look forward to coming back to do the entire trail once it’s dry.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Really easy hike if you just do Horseshoe Loop; adding the Egret and Santiago Creek loops like this route does adds to the length, but not so much the difficulty. Views aren't that spectacular, so I'd mostly do this hike for the exercise, not so much for taking in the nature. I went in January and it was still pretty hot, so be aware there's not a lot of shade: wear sunscreen, bring a hat and proper amounts of water. Took a small dog on the hike and he did well, but was super sleepy for the rest of the day. Also, parts of the trails seemed to be very rocky - I didn't do this trail before the fires in the area, but I'm wondering if they've been eroded from the rains after the fires. In any case - watch your step!

Tue Oct 09 2018

Supposed to be easy and not moderate. Safe and nice view. Parking $3.00.

Sat Sep 29 2018

Nice morning hike/walk before sunset. I enjoy feeling the morning sun rising over the distant hills. Should be easy not moderate.