Horse Creek Trail

Horse Creek Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bridgeport, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from June until September.

Directions from Bridgeport: Follow the Twin Lakes Road until it ends at the Mono Village Resort. Parking is available at the far end of the resort area at no charge for day use, with a $5 fee for overnight parking.

Nice steady trail up and back, very nice near Horse Creek.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Easy, my sister in law and I did this with two kids and two dogs :) Pretty view from the top. We saw lots of deer and....lots of people :( crowded trail on a Friday late morning! I like to hike with my dog off leash...not on this trail!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love the view as you follow up the trail and find parts of waterfalls up and 3 parts of the water 3 stops you can stop on. Went until I could go no more with out really thinking about how to get to top of Sawtooth Ridge Moutain. Came back down and came across bear on my trail. Did not freak out myself or bear and mutual understanding walked away from each other still all and have fuzzy bear photos within 4 to 8 feet of bear. Great photography for possible of eagles and wildlife. Altitude can get to you up there very easy trail. Plan to do this again within 3 weeks do to very pretty.