Horse Creek Trail

Horse Creek Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bridgeport, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from June until September.

Directions from Bridgeport: Follow the Twin Lakes Road until it ends at the Mono Village Resort. Parking is available at the far end of the resort area at no charge for day use, with a $5 fee for overnight parking.

Hiked this trail every summer for 20 years! Ever since before I was born my family has been camping at Annett's Mono Village! My favorite spot in the world and this trail is always a great family day hike!

Stumbled upon this beauty while fishing the Upper and Lower Twins for the first time in my float tube. Wow, I followed the switchbacks for one or two turns and then followed what I hear being called a water fall, but right now it is a raging torrent down the side of the mountain (Sorry US Forest Service). I got back on the trail and made it to the meadow at the top, which reminded me a lot of day hiking in Tuolumne Meadows. Pretty steep grade going up, but relatively easy enough for most. Beautiful wildflowers, didn't see another soul, human or animal big enough to be concerned with. Did see some trout up high where the water was moving much slower. Still time to see the snow melt. I would take people there to show them God's work. Amen

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nice steady trail up and back, very nice near Horse Creek.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Easy, my sister in law and I did this with two kids and two dogs :) Pretty view from the top. We saw lots of deer and....lots of people :( crowded trail on a Friday late morning! I like to hike with my dog off leash...not on this trail!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love the view as you follow up the trail and find parts of waterfalls up and 3 parts of the water 3 stops you can stop on. Went until I could go no more with out really thinking about how to get to top of Sawtooth Ridge Moutain. Came back down and came across bear on my trail. Did not freak out myself or bear and mutual understanding walked away from each other still all and have fuzzy bear photos within 4 to 8 feet of bear. Great photography for possible of eagles and wildlife. Altitude can get to you up there very easy trail. Plan to do this again within 3 weeks do to very pretty.