Hood Mountain Trail to Panoramic Ranch Trail Loop

Hood Mountain Trail to Panoramic Ranch Trail Loop is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I took off work a little early on Friday, and went from Pythian Road trailhead to Gunsight Rock. It had been years since I had done this walk, so I was a little intimidated - hahaa! Although there were a few steep stretches, most of the uphill was gradual. The view from Gunsight Rock is gorgeous!

Lovely trail. Not that difficult really until you get to the last steep stretch to the top .and even that is doable ( we are three 70 year old ladies ...so really anybody can do it !)
Evelyne

Amazing. Bring a little snack to enjoy at the very top. This trail is fairly steep the majority of the way up but so worth it.

This is not your average hike. I just moved here and while I love a hard hike I didn't anticipate the gradient here. I came to Hood because it is dog friendly. We started up the trail and after an hour decided to keep going. My dog was still pulling even though he's a small 19lb fella. We reached the summit but the gradient gets steep again there. Prep yourself for a 2.5 hour hike if you're strong! The views are worth every gasp though and if you reach the summit do not head back without making it the extra ten mins to Gunsight Overlook!