Hood Mountain Trail to Panoramic Ranch Trail Loop

Hood Mountain Trail to Panoramic Ranch Trail Loop is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is not your average hike. I just moved here and while I love a hard hike I didn't anticipate the gradient here. I came to Hood because it is dog friendly. We started up the trail and after an hour decided to keep going. My dog was still pulling even though he's a small 19lb fella. We reached the summit but the gradient gets steep again there. Prep yourself for a 2.5 hour hike if you're strong! The views are worth every gasp though and if you reach the summit do not head back without making it the extra ten mins to Gunsight Overlook!

Love it. Low traffic, challenging trail with a great outlook. Make sure you go to the outlook though ... we got lost and looped around. Should have used AllTrails...

had a great date day hike with the husband here. it had some tough spots but in all a great hike !!

This is a full on workout for this out of shape hiker. But a great family day with my wife and two of my four kids. Plenty to see and the trail is pretty well marked.

Great hike! Steep, but worth the climb to gunsight rock!!! Beautiful views.

Decent day hike, definitely recommend going all the way to the gun site overlook, great views of the valley.