Homestead to Blue Ridge Loop

Homestead to Blue Ridge Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Winters, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,456 feet Route Type: Loop

After heavy rains, portions of the trail near the stream may be closed. Beautiful hike, with views of Sacramento Valley, Lake Berryessa, and wildflowers along the way.

Longer than it seems. Great view with multiple places to sit and eat. Enough shade on both ends. Bring water. Watch out for snakes!

Great spot! If you can make it during a weekday you’ll avoid a lot of foot traffic. Seen a couple of snakes as well, so keep your eyes open. Also, theres a 2.7 mile extension, if you’re up for the challenge.

Nice view on top

Great views! We hiked counter clockwise. Started at 9 am and finished before noon. We encountered one rattle snake on the trail.

Awesome hike!

This is my favorite hike in the nearby Davis area. Perfect length for a healthy challenging workout, an amazing pay-off at the halfway point, and amazing vertical action for leg work! Just don’t go during the hottest part of the day

Really nice views not much shade and bring alot of water and wear proper footwear. We had alot of people asking how much further and they weren't even half way through and only brought a liter of water at most.

Great hike, amazing views. Really not hard 10/10 would recommend:)

Really enjoyed this trail. Beautiful views.

The trail is completely overgrown. Make sure you have enough water, especially on the hot days. There is hardly any shade. If you go counter clockwise, the first part is the steepest climb, which makes it worth it when you get to the the top. Watch out for snakes !

My go-to place for short weekend hike trips. Takes about 3-4 hours

We started our hike at 9 a.m and completed it in about 3 hours. The trail head is a little confusing but the trail wasn't as overgrown as recent comments make it seem. I was able to hike in shorts with caution. The view is spectacular. Im glad I did this hike to experience it, but I probably wouldn't do it again to the abundance of rattlesnakes. We didn't see them but we probably heard over 2 dozen on our hike, with a large concentration of them near the ridge peaks. The hike was fine but watch your steps near the ridges.

I underestimated this trail. 5 miles isn't bad but elevation gain, no shade and warmer temps makes this haaarrrddddd. I started on the homestead side and I should have done the blueridge side first. the blueRidge side has no shade which would have been better earlier in the morning. homestead has some shade and follows a creek, which would have been better as the morning got later. this trail took me just over 3 hours. the signs warn you of weather and trail conditions - so take heed. the top requires some scrambling and does get really close to a ledge so be ready. if its raining or recently rained it could be really dangerous. the trail also crosses the creek so if water is high, it'll be washed out. there was some spots that trees had fallen making passing tricky. I originally wanted to go a different way, but the trail was lost from fallen trees so I had to go back and take this route. also, at the beginning of the trail you do have to walk thru a storm/creek tunnel under the road. so, that might be full of a lot of rain has come down. also, there are spots where its over grown so pants might be wise. and there's a lot of poison ivy that you can't avoid.

Nice, challenging hike! Wear long pants because the spikey shrubs can get irritating.

Bring a ton of water and take lots of breaks when you can! I started at 6 am and did the hike counterclockwise (hiking blue ridge first) because it gives you shade on the way down. Views are totally out of this worldddd - best part of the entire hike! 8/10, lost two points for trail traffic (way too many heads, not my thing)

Gorgeous views and wildlife, but barely shade. Bring LOTS of water, and I mean lots. A gallon and a half per person, at least. Especially in the summer.

Super challenging