Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail

Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Winters, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

I just got back from this hike. The sights were beautiful. You definitely need to bring water but it's worth it.

Great hike. If you are traveling from Winters, the parking area is on the right side below/before you reach the dam. So if you have come to the dam, you've gone too far. The trail is a loop so we went right, up the more difficult Blue Ridge trail, then back down the Homestead side. We skipped Annie's. The views are beautiful up top. As others have mentioned, there is very little shade due to the fire a few years ago. so bring plenty of water. Dogs are not allowed but I wouldn't bring my dogs up here anyway. The trail can be very narrow where you're brushing up against grass and shrubs and I'd be too worried about rattlesnakes.

This was a great hike! I went with coworkers and it took us about 3 hours to complete the loop with a group of 6. It was definitely a challenge with some of the rocks and dust. I like other reviewers recommend bringing water and a light snack. The top has some of the most beautiful views of Lake Berryessa. Well worth it!

Good hike. Not much shade so try to plan around a cooler day. The blue ridge trail is much steeper but much faster to the top as well. It's a shame the fire ripped through there 2 years ago. It was much, much more scenic.

Take the blue ridge trail up. You get to the scenario quicker and then its easier going down the homestead side. Great trail!

Always a great workout. On hotter days make sure to go early and take lots of water! I love this hike because it's close and you can go to lake and hangout after!