Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail

Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Winters, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Has anyone taken their dog on this hike?

beautiful but grueling trail

This was a wonderful beautiful hike with gorgeous views of Lake Berryessa at the top! I’d say it’s a moderate hike. There’s definite elevation gain; we were glad we brought our trekking poles for stability but they are not essential. Dress in layers as it got quite cold from wind gusts at the top. Took us 3hrs to do the 5.5 mile loop. Highly recommend.

This was a great and challenging hike. Bouldering at the ridge tops was amazing, and the views... Wow.

Great hike up to ridge with plenty to see on the way culminating in terrific views over Lake Berryessa.

Amazing place! Totally recommend this trail!

Great hike, bring plenty of water and one trekking pole got the incline. A rewarding hike at the peak!

Lovely hike with beautiful views of Lake Berryessa. We hiked clockwise as proposed and had lunch at halfway point looking down at the lake. Not much shade, so go early and take water

this was by far, the most real and most difficult hike for me. my husband and I did the counterclockwise loop, making our way up 1.5 miles to the top to the amazing views of lake Berryessa. had I known there was another 3.5 miles of really challenging hike through the mountain ridges, the trail becoming non existent in some areas, picking your way through huge rocks and undergrowth, going on all fours at some points due to the steepness of the trails, I would have gone back down the same way I came up. But, now that I've successfully done it, and lived to write about it, I'm glad I did. Would I do it again? Heck, yah!!!

It’s great day hike! Definitely fun to climb around a few rocks on the way! The ridges are a workout for sure, I would do this again!

I did the loop from the parking lot and I don’t think it’s 4.4 miles anymore. I didn’t track it but seemed longer. Any thoughts??

Amazing trail.

Took blue ridge up and down same way. Great hike for quick elevation and lake view at the top was worth it. I've hiked this area in the summer and it can get hot so this time of year was a nice change.

Steep difficulty loop trail. but view is amazing. Recommend hike start right side first. You will see lake view first. Need spend 3.5hours

I would say this is a nice quick moderate hike. Went up to the top and down the same way. I heard that if you take the loop it gets harder. Posting on the trail said that there was a fire that couple years back that took out a lot of the shade trees. So definitely go on a cooler day as the steep hike will not mix well with high heat. I recommend getting there early as parking will get full on weekends by afternoon.

Very fun, took the Blue Ridge up and took Homestead down. Homestead was a little steep on the way down but it went quick.

nice hike for training will keep you in shape hike 1/7/18

Loved it! So beautiful!

This is a great trail if you are looking for elevation change. About 1,700 feet increase and 1,700 feet decrease in elevation over the course of 5 miles. Some parts have you climbing over large rocks with some fairly steep climbs. There were pretty views of the nearby hills and lake. Watch out for snakes. Hiked 1/1/18

Beautiful and rewarding trail. The view at the end is gorgeous and good for stopping to eat at the top.