Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail

Homestead-Blue Ridge Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Winters, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Hiked March 19th. Go in the spring before everything gets dry. First hike and didn't realize it was rated hard. Great workout with rewarding views.

Is this trail open?? It has been fenced off for the past few years. It use to be a favorite of mine

This is by far my favorite trail in the area! its difficult but doable!

i love it. i took the kids and they had a blast.

Awesome trail! Both ways are tough

Literally the most difficult hike I've been on to date. I was challenged mentally, physically and spiritually while on this hike because of the weather conditions and the trail itself. We started around 830am which was not early enough in my opinion. We didn't leave the site until around 1 and by that time my legs were ready to give out and the sun was beating down. The view was beautiful but I wouldn't go on this hike again.

Beautiful and challenging hike. It is well marked and fairly easy to find off the side of the freeway. Small parking lot with stairs to go to the trail head. The trail says 4.4 above but it's 5 miles around. I went counterclockwise and by the time I was over halfway done, I saw lots of people coming the other direction. I started at 7am and it took me 2:40, and I'm a fast hiker. I can usually do 7-9 miles in this same time depending on the terrain. It's wasn't easy with the uphills and rocks to climb, but it was worth it for the views and exercise. :)

One of my favorite hikes. As others have said, it's challenging and hot. Beautiful views!

Check out article in NYT about Berryessa Snow Mountain Nat Monument and trail:

Wonderful views and somewhat technical

took the homestead trail 2 miles up to the lake view and back down. give yourself 3-4 hours total for the hike, I started at 7 and finished by 1030 before the heat was unbearable

Hard but definitely worth it.

Great hike! I've been here many times in different season. I would call this a moderate hike, not difficult though.