Hite Cove Road is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Parked at the gate and hiked down. My Apple Watch recorded over 1000’ elevation gain on the way back and I didn’t even go all the way down to the river. It’s a slog back up hill but a great hike. Make sure to bring some food and water.

it was a nice day with a little bit of scattered clouds. I did get stuck at in the mud toward the end, by realized I forgot to put my truck in 4x4. otherwise i liked the great views I got to see. also great drive coming from Antioch.

Sat May 25 2019

We hiked this trail Memorial weekend 2019. A few wild flowers still out but mostly are gone. The first mile is paved/gravel road through Hite's Cove, a community of summer/rental cabins. The rest of the trail is maintained fire road. We went straight past the forest service gate onto Savage Lundy trail instead of turning right when Hite's Cove trail turns right and downhill. Savage Lundy trail drops into the Canyon below, as does Hite's Cove trail.

Fri May 24 2019

Go during spring when the flowers are out. It's very beautiful. There are areas of no shade, so wear protection. I love hikes with natural flowing water and there was a nice area to sit on the rocks near the water to eat lunch before going back. A group of us continued past that point. Be careful of poison ivy.

Wed Jun 27 2018

Trail is very steep and the rocks are pretty tall. I probably shouldn't have taken my truck down this trail but I did. Luckily I was able to turn around somewhere about 2 miles down the trail. Going back up was easier, but you need a lifted truck with at least 33 inch tires if you don't want to damage anything. This trail is very hard on brakes if you don't have low gearing or crawl control which I have neither. Would be a nice place to go hiking though.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Nice 4x4 road with tight turns. One day got down the trail and someone tried to take a Toyota Corolla automobile on the trail. It didn’t make it :)

Sat Mar 17 2018

Really beautiful hike, great Mountain View’s. We hiked on a Saturday (st Patrick’s Day) was not a sole on a hike. Coming back is mostly uphill. Great hike for you and your dogs!

Thu Mar 16 2017

It's a beautiful hike in spring. It's rated moderate for a reason.

Mon Sep 04 2017