Historic Flume Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lakeside, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Either I took a wrong turn, or the end of the trail and private property marker arent up anymore... I turned around after 3 miles out because I was pretty sure this was only a 3 mile out and back trail lol.. Nobody stopped me, and didnt see a single person otherwise. Lots of rattlesnakes near the trail head on my way out, could hear them in the brush.

Tried with my dogs, nice trail but lots of stickers. Had one go down within the first mile. Also the brush is overgrown somewhat. Maybe leave dogs at home until the winter.

private property

May be a pretty scenic hike, switchbacks are sharp steep an full of small rocks. So I made 2 going up, after that pushed bike up through the rest. I was alone so I didn't even try to tempt slippery fate descending them. Now once that's over, you start to get going and at about .7 Mile mark. There is a end of county rd. sign do not enter. When I was there a home owner was at top in back yard making sure I didn't. I will NOT go back

Beautiful scenery on top. Easy and short hike!

This trail is much shorter than 2.8 miles, closer to 1.8 miles. It's an easy climb up the switchbacks, very narrow trail, but also quiet and peaceful as it's not very traveled. My dog and I hiked just after the rainy season, and the hill was beautifully covered in wild flowers, a lot of butterflies, bees, and small birds around. the trail was quite overgrown with the flowers in some places, which could make hiking through difficult for some people, but my dog thought it was great, almost like she was forging her own trail, or on a prey trail at times. While it was short for the drive, it was nice to get out of the city and a peaceful place to hike.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017