Hills For Everyone Trail

Hills For Everyone Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chino Hills, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

Parking is available at the camp sites and a few picnic areas scattered along the Bane Canyon Rd. It costs $5 to park Fri-Mon Bathrooms are clean and there are a few porta-pottys through out. Restrooms at the Historic Cattle Chute and barn. Another one is at the Rolling M Ranch campground area. This info is for the Park Entrance side.

Hills for All Trail is closed and has been for a long time. Please respect the park and do some research before you hike an area for the first time. A lot of damage was done to the park by people looking for Poppies! They should never have been there. CHSP is a beautiful place to hike, bike, bird watch... but, please, please take care of our wilderness areas.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Great views, well maintained trails A+++... recommended.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I'm a resident, I can bike and hike directly into the State Park from my home, either via roadway to the main entrance or brush hike through Soquel Canyon. First off, the Hills for Everyone Trail is not the 7.1 mile loop that is being shown here, it is far less, maybe 1.5 miles, and it is an easy hike. This map is showing the Hills for Everyone Trail where it intersects at Four Corners, where Raptor Ridge, Telegraph Canyon, Bovinian Delight, and South Ridge trails all meet. Look at the map, and you will see that Bovinian Delight is listed down to where it meets South Ridge Trail, neither of these are Hills for Everyone. This map also has mistakenly named Telegraph Canyon as Bane Canyon. No, it's not Bane Canyon, it's Telegraph. You enter the park on Bane Canyon, which is paved. Hills for Everyone is a small trail that parallels Telegraph Canyon trail, and actually isn't even shown on this map. The northern most section being shown as Hills for Everyone is actually Raptor Ridge and Faultline Trails. This map is really so badly in error, I wish I could correct it somehow.

With that being said, all trails mentioned above are fantastic for being lightly traveled and getting away from the crowds. We have met very few others on the trails when we have traveled into the park. We ride our bikes, and some of the inclines are stout. A good workout walking or biking, you are well rewarded by the amount of isolation and freedom. Bring plenty of water, it can get very hot and dry in our So Cal summers. There is potable water at the main picnic area at the end of Bane Canyon, which is the paved road that you enter the park on, and there is potable water at an overlook of Lower Aliso Canyon, which is near the end of Bane Canyon. Potable water also at the campground near Rolling M Ranch and the entrance station with the restrooms.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a map at the ranger's entrance kiosk or at Four Corners. The trails are listed accurately there.

Oh, BTW, this is not a dog park, contrary to what some may say or hope. Dogs are allowed only on Bane Canyon Road and in Rolling M Ranch and the campgrounds, on a leash at all times. They are NOT allowed in the Discovery Center building, in the backcountry or on the trails. You can and will get a ticket of sighted by a ranger.

paddle sports
Sunday, July 03, 2016

aa4w 232

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Beautiful trial but not really safe for dogs. There's tons of fox tails in the paths but you can walk along the road to keep your furry friend safe. I pulled at least 5 fix tails out of my dogs legs. Saw a snake in the road too so caution is recommended but it really is a beautiful and nice long walk! Lots of people and safe areas to park your car.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

We loved it!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

It's a beautiful hike it's very long and up hill and a great work out. At the very peek you can see Yorba Linda and a great panoramic view

Monday, January 04, 2016

I love Chino Hills SP. Its close to civilization but once you are in there it feels like you are far away. It isn't like the other big state parks, mostly grass with oak trees dotting the landscape. At first it seems like there isn't much wildlife out there,but if you look closely you'll see deer, owls, coyotes, hawks etc. Great place to hike and bike.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

This is a decent area to hike. Not a lot of shade so bring a hat/sun block. I was hiking alone and ran across one of the biggest coyotes I have ever seen. He followed me on much of my hike. Not sure if he was stalking me or was just curious. I would suggest if you are hiking here not to do it alone. The hike is hard but challenging enough to get your heart rate up on some of the hills. It's mostly dirt paths. not a lot of "trails" in the traditional sense.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Trail for everyone is currently closed. Check website for details.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I did this hike with a group of six others this last weekend and loved it! maybe I did a different trail though because we ended up hiking a total of 12 miles. (or maybe I did this trail on top of a couple others?) The group that I went with had done this hike before so they lead the way and I followed. :-)
we were there on a sunday and their were a good amount of mountain bikers taking advantage of the trails and only a handful of other hikers spaced out intermittently along the way.
There is a good amount of uphill hiking on the trails we took but the views throughout were amazing. It is a little dry right now but when you get down into the valleys and look up the skies are so blue and beautiful it doesn't even matter (at least not to me)!
This was my third hike in California and I'm glad to be tacking on some mileage!! I would definitely do this again!

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

$5 parking, 2 hrs. 6 mile hike, gonna try to beat my time. Started my hike at the Rangers station. It was a gloomy beautiful day, saw 3 coyotes, which scared the crap out of me I also saw, what I believe was, a tarantula! Pretty cool! This trail has the feel of being deep in the mountains. Great views, although it was a cloudy day but a friend told me on clear days you can actually see the ocean.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Horribly ugly! I was mislead by the positive reviews I read on here. I saw no wildlife. 98% of the place is brown and filled with dead stuff. Don't be mislead by the pictures you see on here. You will hardly see any signs of life in real life. There were trucks and cars coming at me on the main hiking trail. It seems like it was beautiful in the past.. But it must of caught on fire. The whole thing is being remodeled and is under construction so I will come here again in the distant future. This place has potential to be beautiful but as of right now, it's not. On a positive note, it was a great work out because there are a lot of hills and its very tranquil.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A portion of the trail I took was overgrown but I think I deviated. I had to pay to get in. I think it was 5-10 bucks. You are not allowed to park on the road but a portion of the trail goes close to a neighborhood so if you map carefully you can hike in from their street. Saw Deer and a mountain lion!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Took my daughters on 2/18/13. Plenty of parking but there's a $5 charge (we started from the rangers station). There's a moderate incline to start but once on top of the ridge it's a smooth, level hike. You're surrounded by rolling hills but no trees. Definitely schedule this for early a.m. (especially during hotter months)...enjoy!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Still closed until further notice as they are making improvements

Monday, September 10, 2012

It's currently closed

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Fun to mountain bike. Though it is challenging, it is a great ride. I'd say this ride is for intermediate riders. Need lots of water as there is minimal shade. Along the ride I seen lots of rabbits, some coyotes and pretty decent size spiders. Stay safe and have fun!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Make sure to check the park website, the entrance is closed and there is a link to alternate routes. Unfortunately we showed up without checking and ended up going elsewhere.

Sunday, August 05, 2012

I started my 30min out and back at Chino Hills State Park at 5am. With a headlamp I hit the trailhead in pitch black. As the sun rose it revealed great scenic views of rolling hills, valleys, and small canyons with riparian streams. A short hill begins and leads to a gradual steady downhill on a mostly gravel road. I stayed on the main road but noticed many single-tracks climbing into the hills from either side of the road. This is a place with plenty to explore. I also observed quite a bit of wildlife, including Barn Owl, Blue Grosbeak, House Wren, and White-tailed Kite. Overall all a nice run on a steady trail. I'll definitely come back with T.R.E.D. Running Group.

Monday, June 11, 2012

My fianc, our friend, and myself completed this hike on 6/9/12. We parked at the sign that states "Chino Hills State Park" in order to get in a better workout and to avoid the $5 fee. It was about a 2 mile hike before we the trail entrance. This hike was moderate and you can choose how far you wish to go. It is an out and back and there is no shade, so be prepared. Also there are plenty of ticks on this hike! Make sure to check one another for ticks before you head home. Overall, it was nice, but a lot of the land was dry and not very lush or beautiful. I highly recommend it for a workout, my calves are still sore 2 days later! ;p

Friday, March 09, 2012

Chino Hills State Park is full of great trails. It's really up to you on how far you want to hike. A round trip can easily be 10-15 miles. Of course if you just want a 1hr work out park on Sapphire Rd. near Soquel Canyon Pkwy. and hike in. Follow the main road in and take the 1st trail to your left (east fence line trail as listed on google maps) for some great views.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Easy Trails and beautiful hills. It is better to drive in for hikers and start trails at lookout. Closed Tues-Thurs, so you have to walk in. $5 parking Fri-Mon. Quite a few mountain bike trails, few hiker on weekdays. Great views.

Monday, January 02, 2012

it started out as a very eventful day full of laughs and learning how to kinda use a GPS .....this hike was a workout dirt and pavement.......u can drive up a ways so don't park at the street take the car in if you like ....Awesome views .....there are several more trails to explore at the Chino Hills State Park ...Happy Trails !!!

Sunday, January 01, 2012

So a friend and I decided to take this hike since the pix looks very alluring and the promise of a waterfall definitely sounded enticing. We parked by sapphire st and started our hike and did almost a 9 mi hike total. Nice nature walk but unfortunately we didn't see any waterfall. We ran into the patrol car and asked for any kind of waterfall and he said there was none. Wouldn't mind doing this trail again and possibly even bringing the kids but maybe at a slower pace than what we did today :)

Sunday, November 06, 2011

The hills for everyone trail is the best single track trail in Chino Hills S.P. as far as hiking. I like the new bridge and Gillman Springs. I usually take it to the four corners and take Aliso back.

Friday, May 20, 2011

When you drive to the Chino Hills State Park enterance, the road you drive through the park on is Bane Canyon Rd. You can park outside of the enterance to avoid the $8.00 parking fee but the road to very long before you get to any trail heads. I personally don't like walking on a dirt road and would much rather park by a trail head and be on a path. The Bane Canyon trail is the only one you can take your dog on. I took my dog on a trail anyway. I don't think you have to worry about it. Just make sure they are on leash. This is not a off leash park. I took the road all the way up to the historic Cattle Chute and barn. Just past the the Equestrian Staging Area. I took the Native Plant Trail just past the old barn. It's not marked but I took some pictures so you can see. It's the only trail in that area. After 20 min into my walk I encountered lots of overgrown thorn bushes with purple flowers. They are extremely sharp! I had to turn back and was pissed off that the parks department can't keep the trails groomed after I payed the $8.00 parking fee. There are lots of sticker (wheat) plants as well so your dog and you will be full of them when your done. So if you wanna take a short walk then this is ok. I don't recommend this park if you like to park next to trail heads cause there aren't many places to park.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

This was pretty easy, Carbon canyon..a very gradual uphill ride that was rewarding on the way back down..a few trails you can veer off to for some moderate riding areas..I started out from the Santa Fe Rd entrance.. experienced a lot of soft sand in some sections but it may have rained recently.., but overall an easy ride..A great cardio workout!