Hills For Everyone Trail

Hills For Everyone Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chino Hills, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

Parking is available at the camp sites and a few picnic areas scattered along the Bane Canyon Rd. It costs $5 to park Fri-Mon Bathrooms are clean and there are a few porta-pottys through out. Restrooms at the Historic Cattle Chute and barn. Another one is at the Rolling M Ranch campground area. This info is for the Park Entrance side.

Hills for All Trail is closed and has been for a long time. Please respect the park and do some research before you hike an area for the first time. A lot of damage was done to the park by people looking for Poppies! They should never have been there. CHSP is a beautiful place to hike, bike, bird watch... but, please, please take care of our wilderness areas.

Great views, well maintained trails A+++... recommended.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I'm a resident, I can bike and hike directly into the State Park from my home, either via roadway to the main entrance or brush hike through Soquel Canyon. First off, the Hills for Everyone Trail is not the 7.1 mile loop that is being shown here, it is far less, maybe 1.5 miles, and it is an easy hike. This map is showing the Hills for Everyone Trail where it intersects at Four Corners, where Raptor Ridge, Telegraph Canyon, Bovinian Delight, and South Ridge trails all meet. Look at the map, and you will see that Bovinian Delight is listed down to where it meets South Ridge Trail, neither of these are Hills for Everyone. This map also has mistakenly named Telegraph Canyon as Bane Canyon. No, it's not Bane Canyon, it's Telegraph. You enter the park on Bane Canyon, which is paved. Hills for Everyone is a small trail that parallels Telegraph Canyon trail, and actually isn't even shown on this map. The northern most section being shown as Hills for Everyone is actually Raptor Ridge and Faultline Trails. This map is really so badly in error, I wish I could correct it somehow.

With that being said, all trails mentioned above are fantastic for being lightly traveled and getting away from the crowds. We have met very few others on the trails when we have traveled into the park. We ride our bikes, and some of the inclines are stout. A good workout walking or biking, you are well rewarded by the amount of isolation and freedom. Bring plenty of water, it can get very hot and dry in our So Cal summers. There is potable water at the main picnic area at the end of Bane Canyon, which is the paved road that you enter the park on, and there is potable water at an overlook of Lower Aliso Canyon, which is near the end of Bane Canyon. Potable water also at the campground near Rolling M Ranch and the entrance station with the restrooms.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a map at the ranger's entrance kiosk or at Four Corners. The trails are listed accurately there.

Oh, BTW, this is not a dog park, contrary to what some may say or hope. Dogs are allowed only on Bane Canyon Road and in Rolling M Ranch and the campgrounds, on a leash at all times. They are NOT allowed in the Discovery Center building, in the backcountry or on the trails. You can and will get a ticket of sighted by a ranger.

canoeing
Sunday, July 03, 2016

aa4w 232

Monday, May 30, 2016

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Beautiful trial but not really safe for dogs. There's tons of fox tails in the paths but you can walk along the road to keep your furry friend safe. I pulled at least 5 fix tails out of my dogs legs. Saw a snake in the road too so caution is recommended but it really is a beautiful and nice long walk! Lots of people and safe areas to park your car.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

We loved it!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

It's a beautiful hike it's very long and up hill and a great work out. At the very peek you can see Yorba Linda and a great panoramic view

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Monday, January 04, 2016

I love Chino Hills SP. Its close to civilization but once you are in there it feels like you are far away. It isn't like the other big state parks, mostly grass with oak trees dotting the landscape. At first it seems like there isn't much wildlife out there,but if you look closely you'll see deer, owls, coyotes, hawks etc. Great place to hike and bike.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Monday, October 05, 2015

Friday, July 03, 2015

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Saturday, August 23, 2014

This is a decent area to hike. Not a lot of shade so bring a hat/sun block. I was hiking alone and ran across one of the biggest coyotes I have ever seen. He followed me on much of my hike. Not sure if he was stalking me or was just curious. I would suggest if you are hiking here not to do it alone. The hike is hard but challenging enough to get your heart rate up on some of the hills. It's mostly dirt paths. not a lot of "trails" in the traditional sense.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Trail for everyone is currently closed. Check website for details.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I did this hike with a group of six others this last weekend and loved it! maybe I did a different trail though because we ended up hiking a total of 12 miles. (or maybe I did this trail on top of a couple others?) The group that I went with had done this hike before so they lead the way and I followed. :-)
we were there on a sunday and their were a good amount of mountain bikers taking advantage of the trails and only a handful of other hikers spaced out intermittently along the way.
There is a good amount of uphill hiking on the trails we took but the views throughout were amazing. It is a little dry right now but when you get down into the valleys and look up the skies are so blue and beautiful it doesn't even matter (at least not to me)!
This was my third hike in California and I'm glad to be tacking on some mileage!! I would definitely do this again!

Monday, November 25, 2013