Hillcrest Boulders: Long Loop

Hillcrest Boulders: Long Loop is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vacaville, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and rock climbing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Trail is poorly maintained prepare for thorns and fox tails everywhere

This trail should be called cow patty trail. Because there are cow pattys every where you step. So since you are hiking basically in a cow pasture I have rated it low. This trail starts in a residential neighborhood and has free parking. But since you are so close to these neighborhoods there are alot of teenagers hanging out in these hills hiking and playing around. The ground also sucks to walk on and is uneven because of the cows. But hey if you like cows and want to see one up close this is the place to be. The view from the top of the mountain is ok. Just looking at neighborhoods and people's back yards. I would honestly go somewhere else.

Beautiful but should not be rated as easy. The trail is pretty much straight up the whole way or straight down. Easy would have some flat land. We made the mistake of going after a rain shoes kept getting stuck in the mud we were slipping an sliding a lot. On way down I sipped and sprained my ankle. I would probably hike it again but not after a rain!

Great hike! Fantastic views & amazing geological wonders. Good place to bring out of town friends.

Okay it was good and all up hill but I had a good hike

Beautiful view