High Ridge Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arroyo Grande, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Started the trail at the end of the road through the campground. A bit more challenging than moderate but some easy parts too. Didn’t finish the full loop since seeing a deer leg carcass and concerned of coming across a mountain lion or bear and was running alone. Ranger warned the campers that there are bears.

nice trail up and down. well marked.the entire loop will take you through the campgrounds so be prepared for a great view of campers and a water park and an adventure Park with zip lines. the trail itself was mostly uninhabited with nice views of the lake and the Eastern side of the hills with vineyards. my advice: don't take the loop back by the campgrounds go up to high ridge, take in the cool views, and just turn around and head back.

Really fun and challenging trail...my friend and I had never done this trail before today and we didn’t know that it’s inside the Lopez Lake park until our GPS ended at the entrance. The trail is awesome but be prepared to pay a $10 day fee and beware of the ticks!

This is my "go to" trail whenever I want a nice workout close to home where my dogs can tag along. The views are amazing and the spur choices off the Ridge trail are a shady option on warm days. Best time to go when you'll not likely see a soul is weekday mornings. Be sure to bring water, sunscreen & wear long pants if you take the spurs (lots of poison oak!) A great short loop is Turkey Ridge trail.
Update: You can access this series of trails without entering the park & paying a day fee. Take Hi Mtn Rd (just before park entrance) turn left on Upper Lopez Cyn Rd. up to top of ridge and park in one of the numerous shoulder pull outs.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

lllkljkllkllmkllll lol A

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The trail is definitely a moderately challenging trail. More challenging than I think "easy" suggests. There is no shade after the intersection with Black Berry trail.... So sunscreen up ! The next shade is nearly to the end of the trail. The last mile or so of my route was on the roadway, as opposed to being actual trail. All in all I enjoyed this hike. The views at the top are very nice. Do beware ticks ! I have done this trail twice and have seen ticks both times.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Great trail with excellent views. Lots of elevation relief, we took the turkey trail up to high ridge, lots of poison oak on that spur so be careful. I would not recommend small children or small dogs, total loop we took was 5.2 miles

Saturday, February 25, 2017

We started at the parking area at Lopez lake and took the Turkey Ridge Trail which meets up with the High Ridge trail. This added a little mileage, and was a nice shady start to the hike. Lots of fossils of shells, and great view.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Little difficult to find the trailhead. It's marked with a rusted steel gate. Some good hill climbs, with a nice breeze.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

great views! tried to take my 4 year old daughter along. was pretty tough for her. boy was she a soldier. horse camp at the end. great trail!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Went during Thanksgiving Break 2011 with whole family. Was a difficult hike for the smaller children with numerous elevation changes. But had fantastic views of the lake below. In the limestone on the trail there are numerous fossils and many fantastic rocks for the budding geologist. Many trails in the area and a fantastic display of wildlife.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017