High Ridge Trail Loop

High Ridge Trail Loop is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arroyo Grande, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is my "go to" trail whenever I want a nice workout close to home where my dogs can tag along. The views are amazing and the spur choices off the Ridge trail are a shady option on warm days. Best time to go when you'll not likely see a soul is weekday mornings. Be sure to bring water, sunscreen & wear long pants if you take the spurs (lots of poison oak!) A great short loop is Turkey Ridge trail.

lllkljkllkllmkllll lol A

The trail is definitely a moderately challenging trail. More challenging than I think "easy" suggests. There is no shade after the intersection with Black Berry trail.... So sunscreen up ! The next shade is nearly to the end of the trail. The last mile or so of my route was on the roadway, as opposed to being actual trail. All in all I enjoyed this hike. The views at the top are very nice. Do beware ticks ! I have done this trail twice and have seen ticks both times.

Great trail with excellent views. Lots of elevation relief, we took the turkey trail up to high ridge, lots of poison oak on that spur so be careful. I would not recommend small children or small dogs, total loop we took was 5.2 miles

We started at the parking area at Lopez lake and took the Turkey Ridge Trail which meets up with the High Ridge trail. This added a little mileage, and was a nice shady start to the hike. Lots of fossils of shells, and great view.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Little difficult to find the trailhead. It's marked with a rusted steel gate. Some good hill climbs, with a nice breeze.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

great views! tried to take my 4 year old daughter along. was pretty tough for her. boy was she a soldier. horse camp at the end. great trail!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Went during Thanksgiving Break 2011 with whole family. Was a difficult hike for the smaller children with numerous elevation changes. But had fantastic views of the lake below. In the limestone on the trail there are numerous fossils and many fantastic rocks for the budding geologist. Many trails in the area and a fantastic display of wildlife.

Saturday, May 23, 2015