Learn more

Hidden Springs Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Myers Flat, California that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and running.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 984 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Amazing trail...takes you to a beautiful river spot. We started from the Hidden Springs Campground parking lot...the entrance was closed so we parked right out front. We ran/hiked so I didn’t get to take any pictures. It’s been raining the whole time but made the run even more perfect. I would definitely recommend this hike...there’s a lot of elevation. We didn’t see one other person on the trail.

Sun Jun 02 2019

started at camp 74, pretty good condition and yes there is noise of 101 for 1/3 if the trail but cannit see the road.

Wed Mar 27 2019

Just ran this in March. Campground was closed so parked by gate and ran in. Trailhead starts from either campsites 134/135 or also around 74 (not sure since I didnt take that way) but later join. Because I ran in and did the full trail it ended up being 5 miles total. Very beautiful run with old growth redwoods, wildflowers, springs and a few views. Did not encounter a single soul the whole run.

Fri Jun 22 2018

I hiked this trail starting at the Hidden Springs Campground trailhead between sites 134 and 135. This section of the campground is not in use except on Holiday weekends. It is about 3 miles to the river. At the start, there is a muddy mess you have to skirt around then 1/2 mile of thick huckleberries. I saw saprophytic lilies which is always exciting but not many other flowers. After you cross the dirt road the trail becomes quite nice as you come into some old growth redwood stands, with oxalis and sword ferns. At the sunny cliff be aware of snakes as I saw a big one slithering underneath the madrone tree. There is a lot of poison oak throughout the trail but most especially towards the tunnel under the 101. It was difficult to avoid touching it. There are 4 or 5 switch backs but the rest just meanders. The map here is a terrible reflection of the trail. Williams Grove does not seem to have a trail to walk around on and view the large trees, it is mostly reservable picnic space however the river was quite lovely with beautiful rocks and the water temp was perfect!

Sun May 27 2018

The trailhead point is very misleading. Go to campsite 75 on Hidden Springs Campground and take the William's Grove trail. After 1km there'll be a sign to Hidden Springs trail. If you continue after campsite 75 to the point that looks like the trailhead, it's a maintenance site for the park and the trail is not used/visible. But this map is for the William's Grove trail! The end is the William Grove day use area, by the river. I don't know where the actual Hidden Springs trail goes to, because I followed the William's Grove (which is this map). This trail is cool, I'd give it 3 stars, but the confusion at the beginning cost us distance and time, going back and forth trying to decide where it was. But lots of trees and the river at the end.

Tue Jun 20 2017

nice trail to the river from campground... surprised by the elevation... a bit of a workout

Wed Jul 03 2019