Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 475 feet Route Type: Loop

Please Note: Visitors must make reservations for weekends and holidays online before accessing trail. For more information, please see https://www.placer.ca.gov/2617/Hidden-Falls-Regional-Park

21 minutes ago

Great trail! Me + my 3yo did the first loop and reached the falls! We hung out at the sky deck and were actually able to climb down (just before the falls) and have a little lunch alongside the river. She did get tired heading back, bc of the inclines, but what I love are the benches set up through out the park for nice little rest stops, and the alternative trails (if you don’t mind the dirt trails versus gravel paths) that a little less incline, much easier on the legs. It’s not completely private, yet still has a “one with nature” vibe. Layer up if you’re in the fall/winter months, but during summer definitely would wanna be prepared to take a dip in the water!!

fee

This was our second time on this trail. Nice trail with options for alternate trails along the way. Has some inclines but not too bad. We went just after New Years on a late Sunday morning and it was beautiful. You do have reserve parking on the website. There was plenty of parking when we went. Friendly people along the way as well as horse droppings so pay attention.

fee

First off, parking requires creating an account through County of Placer’s website and then paying a $5 fee. This hike is not strenuous and offers a pleasant forest walk along with a great view of a waterfall. Also, there are multiple areas to swim which would be perfect in hotter months. The main drawback is how trafficked this hike is. I would be lying if I said this doesn’t take away from the overall experience. I suggest visiting this trail during a less visited time of the week.

fee

This trail is well maintained. However, it is heavily trafficked, you have to pay (by app), very few views and the trail in the winter is very muddy. This trail is very family and dog friendly and can be attempted by all ages. It also has two very beautiful waterfalls and could easily offer a good swim in the warmer months.

Very nice area for taking a dog or family on an easy hike.

A fun day after Thanksgiving hike!

Great trails. Several options to make your hike as long or as short as you want. Beautiful lookout points near the beginning of the trails to stop and have lunch. Trails are marked clearly. Reservations are required weekends and holidays.

There’s really only 2 water falls to look at once you hike down the gravel path for a couple miles...

Nice hike. Lot of connecting trails to extend the trip.

A decent trail with an awesome water feature. Dont just enjoy it from the overlooks, find a place to hangout by the water.

We did this hike October 2019 with our eight year old son and two-year-old daughter. I like that at least half of the trail was shaded. The waterfall was pretty and there was a little swimming hole at the base of it. The water was freezing cold but felt refreshing. if we had known ahead of time we could swim we would have brought more appropriate clothing. what we didn't like was that we were mostly "hiking" on a gravel road. not really much of a hike and it was not very scenic.

Beautiful trails with several waterfalls. Lots of shade and very friendly people on the trails. Horses are plentiful too but watch out for the poop. Lol. One of my fav trails!! ❣️

We hiked the trail at the end of Oct. We had a great time hiking in the snow and the falls looked amazing with the snow covered rocks. Trail had well marked signs and was easy and full of great views of Lake Jenny.

Awesome trail! One of my first hikes so doesn’t take too much experience. Some routes in Hidden falls will definitely test your cardiovascular capabilities but nevertheless it was so much fun! I went with my 2, three year old Boston Terriers , and it was their first hike. We did a total of 5.21 miles! TONS of shade & awesome views. Will definitely do again—-October 15th, 2019.

We came here last weekend, so this time we wanted to go at least 5 miles this time, last time we did 3.9. We took the longest way around and really enjoyed being out here, it’s really kept up nicely besides the damn horse poop everywhere

This is an amazing trail with a couple water spots to stop and put your feet in. So many trail actions and perfect for dogs, my little 1.5 year old LOVED the trail

I’m not quite certain that I would consider this moderate... I’ve been here a few times and always felt like I was missing something. It’s okay. Great for dogs and kids, but hardly awesome. I liked the cows..

I have hiked this trail twice, once in spring and once in fall. Make a parking reservation online. Bathrooms at trailhead, although closed due to water issues but they had port-a-potties. This time, we took the gravel road to the bridge where we crossed, then took the dirt trail along the creek to the waterfall lookout. Last time, we took Poppy trail to the bridge, which was dirt and more wooded. The Falls were surprisingly strong for this time of year (fall). Great swimming hole down below. We brought 4 kids ages 3-7 and they did great. Look out for poison oak along the trail!

When on week day in late September, did the hike as the double loop. Only a few hikers around. Would suggest not doing the top section as a loop, avoid the top gravel section, by using the dirt section as an out and back. Still lots of water and the falls were a treat at the end before heading back.

Very nice and clean trail, though there is a new process where you have to make a reservation and buy your entrance ticket online.

Good trail that provide access to so much more in the Hidden Falls Park. In addition, I did the River Otter Loop, connecting to the Dear Trail and back on the Creek Side Trail along Coon Creek. This was my first time there. More folks started to show up around noon, as I was hiking back. There is so much more there that the Hidden Falls access trail but if that all you do with the family and dogs, you’ll enjoy it. The area is well managed and clean. This was a great Sat, Sept 22/19 with perfect temperature, lots of shade on trails I did and I enjoyed it.

Great easy hike with pretty nice views. The parks department has done a lot to maintain the trail, bridges, paved walkways. Excellent for kids and amateur hikers, but I prefer something a bit less impacted. We hiked in mid October, and it was excellent.

Nice Trail with a lot of options to cycle

nice trail, good to go early morning. half shady and half sunny. there's a $8 parking fee for full day. requires on line purchase in weekends. parking can get full.