Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Please Note: Visitors must make reservations for weekends and holidays online before accessing trail. For more info visit: https://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/facility/parks/parks-content/parks/hidden-falls

So many Trail options once you get there. Best maps and signage of any park I’ve seen. You can hike near the water for 7 Miles in a loop.

Couldn’t hike, now need to make a reservation on weekends.

This was beautiful even in the rain. The sounds of the water are so relaxing.

Wasn’t able to do the hike because starting last October they require a reservation on the weekends. Very disappointed and had to find another trail to hike. So if you do go on a weekday no reservation needed.

Awesome collection of trails. It's 8$ to reserve parking and you can do it online. The trails aren't too hard and I definitely will be coming back. Can't recommend enough.

We’ll be back; lots of different trails to explore. Well kept. They now require reservations and fees $4-8 weekends, holidays, and peak days— do this before heading out there preferably
(www.placer.ca.gov/departments/facility/parks/parks-content/parks/hidden-falls)

There actually isn’t a single trail with this name. All in all the park had very well kept trails, shared by hikers, horses and mountain bikers. We went on a winter weekday so not much trail traffic. Excellent signage and maps along the way. Just a peaceful walk through manicured woods and pastures with some ups and downs to challenge your fitness! We did the North trail to Creekside to Goldfinch to South. About 8 miles in all and took us 3+ hours.

Make a reservation online before heading down (Fri-Sun), they check your reservation number at the enterance and give you a parking tag.
I went at 9am on a Sunday, it was really quiet and empty. People started to show up around 11am, and even then it wasn’t crowded.
Also, lots of wineries in the area, within 10 min drive!

Pretty easy hike, we were able to take our puppy corduroy and she did great!

RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for holidays and weekends!!!

Check your dogs for ticks afterwards!

New to the area and after researching places, I found this area. Luckily, I read other reviews about parking permits. You have to make a reservation online. It's super easy. $8 for the whole day. Rangers are at the entrance to collect you're permit number and give you a parking tag. The service in the area is next to none, so don't rely on it during your hikes. There are many many trails. I took a picture on my phone of the map at the beginning which was very helpful to have. I took the Poppy trail with switchbacks and a pretty waterfall then crossed the bridge to the hidden falls trail. The hidden falls are pretty and there is an area where kids can play in the water or dogs. I went to the canyon lookout then hiked back the same way. It was about 3 hours for me and my dog to do that. It was a great wooded hike and there were many people that had their dogs. I like to have mine off leash but with all the people and dogs, I had her on leash half the time. There are only bathrooms at the parking lot. There are some trash receptacles along the way for doggy poop bags and other trash which was helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed this spot and will definitely go back to do more trails.

Great easy trail in the oak trees. You must pay for parking before going. My cell service was spotty in the area, so make sure you make reservations before you go.

This is an amazing find! There are a lot of trails available depending on what you love. I️ took the north side of the trail and it was gorgeous . Please make sure you book a parking spot in advance online - it’s $4 for sunrise to 9.30 am , $4 for 2.30pm to sunset and $8 for while day. You won’t be able to pay for the parking on the spot and there is very feeble network. We had to drive down to auburn to go online and book a parking spot.

Pretty and peaceful

One of my favs, just epic on Sunday, fall colors are in full effect

Nice. DRY this time of year but can't wait to come back in a few months. Lots of trails of all levels and well taken care of!

what a lovely place its a place to to be close to the earth

what a lovely place its a place to to be close to the earth

we went out for the 3.2 mile hike but took South Legacy way to start instead of North Legacy....ended up being an 8 mile hike....gorgeous hike but not prepared for such a long hike!