Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Pretty easy hike, we were able to take our puppy corduroy and she did great!

RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for holidays and weekends!!!

Check your dogs for ticks afterwards!

New to the area and after researching places, I found this area. Luckily, I read other reviews about parking permits. You have to make a reservation online. It's super easy. $8 for the whole day. Rangers are at the entrance to collect you're permit number and give you a parking tag. The service in the area is next to none, so don't rely on it during your hikes. There are many many trails. I took a picture on my phone of the map at the beginning which was very helpful to have. I took the Poppy trail with switchbacks and a pretty waterfall then crossed the bridge to the hidden falls trail. The hidden falls are pretty and there is an area where kids can play in the water or dogs. I went to the canyon lookout then hiked back the same way. It was about 3 hours for me and my dog to do that. It was a great wooded hike and there were many people that had their dogs. I like to have mine off leash but with all the people and dogs, I had her on leash half the time. There are only bathrooms at the parking lot. There are some trash receptacles along the way for doggy poop bags and other trash which was helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed this spot and will definitely go back to do more trails.

Great easy trail in the oak trees. You must pay for parking before going. My cell service was spotty in the area, so make sure you make reservations before you go.

This is an amazing find! There are a lot of trails available depending on what you love. I️ took the north side of the trail and it was gorgeous . Please make sure you book a parking spot in advance online - it’s $4 for sunrise to 9.30 am , $4 for 2.30pm to sunset and $8 for while day. You won’t be able to pay for the parking on the spot and there is very feeble network. We had to drive down to auburn to go online and book a parking spot.

Pretty and peaceful

One of my favs, just epic on Sunday, fall colors are in full effect

Nice. DRY this time of year but can't wait to come back in a few months. Lots of trails of all levels and well taken care of!

what a lovely place its a place to to be close to the earth

what a lovely place its a place to to be close to the earth

we went out for the 3.2 mile hike but took South Legacy way to start instead of North Legacy....ended up being an 8 mile hike....gorgeous hike but not prepared for such a long hike!

There are many trails to hike, and all of them are worthy of exploring.

Very well kept paths, clean porta-potties and well marked trails. You have to have a parking permit on the weekends(easily obtained on the website).

really fun trail to explore. I went on a Wednesday and there was barely anyone out there.

The downside is the batherooms are closed and there is no access to drinking water because the water is shutoff. There is however portapotties and the beginning of the trail.

This park is honey combed with trails, not just the one shown. Today I followed several different trais and parts of trails to create a 5 mile loop. Started on Poppy Trail, crossed the bridge at the bottom of the ravine, then took the Blue Oak Loop, Seven Pools Vista Trail. Seven Pools Loop, Canyon View Trail, and Hidden Falls Access Trail, which brought me back to Poppy Trail for the return to the trailhrad. Nice mix of up, down, and level ground.

It was a beautiful trail. Kind of expected more for the water fall. I might have hyped it up too much in my head. I took my dog and had a great time.

Truly, beautiful! Got there early to beat the heat and the crowds!

Enjoyed hiking here. A couple of different paths, one to some pools and one to a huge pool and bigger falls. From what I remember, it's not too long and there is enough room to hang at the pools and take a dip. Not much shade though and on a hot day it's HOT

we hike this all the time we prefer to take the left side of the river so we can avoid the high traffic since everyone has found this lovely hiking area! Stay to the right if you want the falls but you can take all different loops we have each one has it's own nice qualities