Hidden Falls Trail

Hidden Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

New to the area and after researching places, I found this area. Luckily, I read other reviews about parking permits. You have to make a reservation online. It's super easy. $8 for the whole day. Rangers are at the entrance to collect you're permit number and give you a parking tag. The service in the area is next to none, so don't rely on it during your hikes. There are many many trails. I took a picture on my phone of the map at the beginning which was very helpful to have. I took the Poppy trail with switchbacks and a pretty waterfall then crossed the bridge to the hidden falls trail. The hidden falls are pretty and there is an area where kids can play in the water or dogs. I went to the canyon lookout then hiked back the same way. It was about 3 hours for me and my dog to do that. It was a great wooded hike and there were many people that had their dogs. I like to have mine off leash but with all the people and dogs, I had her on leash half the time. There are only bathrooms at the parking lot. There are some trash receptacles along the way for doggy poop bags and other trash which was helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed this spot and will definitely go back to do more trails.

Great easy trail in the oak trees. You must pay for parking before going. My cell service was spotty in the area, so make sure you make reservations before you go.

This is an amazing find! There are a lot of trails available depending on what you love. I️ took the north side of the trail and it was gorgeous . Please make sure you book a parking spot in advance online - it’s $4 for sunrise to 9.30 am , $4 for 2.30pm to sunset and $8 for while day. You won’t be able to pay for the parking on the spot and there is very feeble network. We had to drive down to auburn to go online and book a parking spot.

Pretty and peaceful

One of my favs, just epic on Sunday, fall colors are in full effect